Model Cars Magazine Forum

Shout out for SPEED CITY RESIN!

These "transition era funny cars are my favorite. The 65-67 cars before the all became the same flip tops. They still had stock steel bodies then, opening doors etc! Got the Speed City 66 Valiant too, the hairy Canary is on my list, a car I actually saw race back in 68!!!

I'm a huge Speed City fan. I've used his stuff for years. Pretty much as good as you can find in resin casting quality, and since he makes many of his own masters, often from scratch, he has many unique parts you can't find anywhere else. If you build 60's-70's drag subjects he is, along with Altered States Models and Competition Resins, one of your go-to resin parts suppliers, IMHO. As mentioned, too, his service and communication are lightening fast and crystal clear. Big Thumbs Up!

On the fence how to build this Corvair, leaning towards a blown car like the Fiberglass Trends car pictured here. Most funny cars were injected in 66 though, Speed City also sells the ONLY correct injection manifold for big block Chevy's. The AMT part isn't even close! I loaded up on those.

My favorite BBC is the one from the original MPC 67-68 Camaro, complete with the TurboHydro 350.PERFECT for a funny car! Wish somebody would cast it! In case you are wondering, I have zero to do with Speed City, just an enthusiastic customer. I like casters that GET IT and produce accurate drag parts!

As others stated Altered States is also EXCELLENT, Chuck really knows his stuff! Same with Competition Resins! 

I'll likely go with a blown engine. What do you think? I realize Dellings car had a small block!

I'm an OLD COOT! I remember 1966 ( I was 13 ) funny car racing was exciting! You never knew what would happen, ET's dropped almost weekly, speeds went up the same! Innovation and experimentation was rampant. ALL makes were racing!

IT WAS COOL!!!

gsFiberglassTrends67CorvairFC2-vi.jpg

Edited by GaryR