Model Cars Magazine Forum

SIMBA airport firetruck 1/14 80% scratch

hey guys, its been awhile

heres a build  that i have wanting to build for a long time, winter is here so time to get started , here is a picture of the real truck

i started with alum rails, started drilling all the holes

there is dip in the front section, so i cut it out and attached to the bottom

next i needed to prefitted the cross members and suspension, but the chassis has to be widen up,

here i add the axle, now i see where i can widen the chassis

here i widened the chassis ,  and added a few suspension parts,  now it all has to come back apart and i have to make cross members, add some skin to the frame rails

here i made sure all holes are drilled and i stared to add some styrene skin

Edited by semijoe

omg!      thats awesome, this is the panther not the simba,  but 2 engines,  give me great ideas though.  might have to upgrade the simba engine compartment.  if you can get anymore pictures of the engine compartment that be great,  thank you so much

today i received in my tires and wheels from rc4wd. they are a 1.7 size and is a correct size for this scale build,  the tires are a hard compound and be able to support the weight.

i also started on rear suspension. still along way to go on the chassis ,  it very hard to find pictures of this chassis,  haven't seen one picture yet .  any body find any please post them .

• 2 weeks later...

INFO NEEDED ,  does any body know what kind of engine is in this kind of truck?      i am having a hard time find this out

Joe, Revell made a kit of that truck - maybe you could buy one and use it for reference when building your large-scale version?

233692-10571-76-pristine.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

transmission time,    i want to use a 3 speed, so i went with an tamiya tractor transmission, if you the know transmission you will know that it is for a rear truck only,  but my truck is an 8x8 .  i could of used the tamiya f350 but it is very tall and bulky looking. so what i did was i took the lower shaft out, drill  out the tip, tapped a 4mm hole.   i used a spindle and screwed that in and cut off what i didnt need.  les make and alum housing so i went with this too,

DSC08560.jpg

Edited by semijoe
wasnt finished