Model Cars Magazine Forum

Photobucket O' Trash!

What amazes me most about all of this is how many systems are vulnerable to attacks and how many people don't seem to see this as an actual threat.  I have been doing a ton of smart home integration at work lately, and one of the biggest things I have noticed is how many people use the default passwords for everything.  I would estimate that 90% of people's computer networks are running with the default passwords intact.  I recently had it out with a big name security supplier because they sent us a new security system with home automation capabilities, that is made to run via an app that you log into, but all of the set up is done through a Web browser.  Do you have to log in when accessing it this way?  Nope, so if someone can get to your network they now have access to your security system and anything else you've tied into it lol Ike door locks, lights, etc.....real smart.  And their software engineers see no issue with this.  And this is a huge multinational company.  So we stopped using them.  I also had someone who used 1234 as their voicemail system password, until someone used their voicemail system to place several calls to several foreign companies after hours by logging into the voicemail system to place calls.  It's a strange new world we live in and I don't see it changing anytime soon, I would suggest reading up on what's going on and reacting accordingly.  Sorry for the long rant, that is somewhat borderline off topic here. 

What amazes me most about all of this is how many systems are vulnerable to attacks and how many people don't seem to see this as an actual threat.  I have been doing a ton of smart home integration at work lately, and one of the biggest things I have noticed is how many people use the default passwords for everything.  I would estimate that 90% of people's computer networks are running with the default passwords intact.  I recently had it out with a big name security supplier because they sent us a new security system with home automation capabilities, that is made to run via an app that you log into, but all of the set up is done through a Web browser.  Do you have to log in when accessing it this way?  Nope, so if someone can get to your network they now have access to your security system and anything else you've tied into it lol Ike door locks, lights, etc.....real smart.  And their software engineers see no issue with this.  And this is a huge multinational company.  So we stopped using them.  I also had someone who used 1234 as their voicemail system password, until someone used their voicemail system to place several calls to several foreign companies after hours by logging into the voicemail system to place calls.  It's a strange new world we live in and I don't see it changing anytime soon, I would suggest reading up on what's going on and reacting accordingly.  Sorry for the long rant, that is somewhat borderline off topic here. 

Excellent points all, and worth repeating.

Since Photobucket supposedly resolved their "hacking" issues & did their updating, I have noticed no improvement in performance.

It's still as slow as molasses in January & it still keeps trying to freeze up my computer.

Update ineffective!

Steve

Sorry to hear you're still having problems, Steve.

I just uploaded several pix of my 1/8 '32 roadster build, and P-bucket worked like a champ. 5 of six photos loaded in 10 seconds flat (one failed to load for whatever reason). Re-loaded the one that failed in another 3 seconds.

Total of less than 30 seconds on the P-bucket site to load six pix, no freezing, no slowdown, no hay peoblema.

Sorry to hear you're still having problems, Steve.

I just uploaded several pix of my 1/8 '32 roadster build, and P-bucket worked like a champ. 5 of six photos loaded in 10 seconds flat (one failed to load for whatever reason). Re-loaded the one that failed in another 3 seconds.

Total of less than 30 seconds on the P-bucket site to load six pix, no freezing, no slowdown, no hay peoblema.

I don't know what the problem is Bill, & I don't much care.

All I know is that I have absolutely no problems with any other sites on the net or any other hosting sites.

Every time I log on to Photobucket, it's 20 minutes of my life that I'm never going to get back.

Not worth it.

Steve