Model Cars Magazine Forum

BOB FORD 1964 Galaxie.

Brutalform

Decided to build a Big Ford. I wanted to build a drag car, that represents this one in the pic. Since there are decals for it, I decided to do it. I cant find any other pics of it besides the one here. I have to head down to the hobby shop, and decide if its going to be Tamiya TS32 Haze Gray, AS10 Aircraft Ocean Gray, or AS26 Light Ghost Gray. Of the available colors for the 1964 Ford Galaxie seem to be either ford Silver Smoke Gray, or Ford Silver Blue. Was the car repainted by the dealer another color? That I don't know. Or what the interior color was for that matter. If I cant find out, it will most likely be close to the exterior, or black. I'm using the AMT Pro Shop body, with the hood removed, and using the AMT 60 Starliner, for the floor, frame and suspension. Any input from anyone on the color would be greatly appreciated. Maybe someone has seen the car at a drag strip?

IMG_0296.PNG

I took the cast iron headers out of another AMT Starliner "CUSTOM" kit I have. I always spent a lot of time making headers for the 64 Galaxies I built fit decent.. So this time, I am going to give it a try to build "solder" headers using these as a template, so it will fit the chassis correctly like these will. The solder headers will have a longer tube collector though.

FullSizeRender2.jpg

Thanks for the info everyone. Especially the picture. I've built the Osborn Trucking car, and a couple of lightweights. Always painting them either Racing White, or Wimbledon White, and White, it be nice to do one another color. The decals will allow me to do two cars. I can also do the Jim Heather INC. Ford Galaxie.

Worked on the big Ford, along with the TBolt. I really got to get an airbrush. Kind of at the mercy of available spray cans. Painted a Duplicolor GM color . It was the closest color I could find. Too much metallic IMO. The clear laid really smooth on the sides of the car, but I had to micro mesh the roof and trunk as it had a slight orange peel. Polished it with Novus 3 step. Just a little mock up. The front will sit lower on final assembly. Maybe I'll do the foiling tomorrow. 

IMG_0510.JPG

IMG_0506.JPG

IMG_0509.JPG

IMG_0507.JPG

Really nice work on an interesting subject! Great looking paint job and excellent stance. Those wheels and tires look spot on in there, and your engine is looking very realistic so far too. Projects like this make me motivated to keep working on my Thunderbolt that is currently on my bench...B)