Model Cars Magazine Forum

1955 Mack H-63

Well it is finally finished except for window cranks and they're on the way.

I want to say thank you to everyone that was an encouragement along the way. It is not perfect, but it is done! Here's a custom Mack my way:

12v-71 Powered H-63 Mack

30784025495_648687035a_b.jpgFullSizeRender(9) by Brian Smith, on Flickr

30666866102_18969d2519_b.jpgFullSizeRender(2) by Brian Smith, on Flickr

30152138784_46d28158bf_b.jpgFullSizeRender(5) by Brian Smith, on Flickr

30148215913_143b8ab7da_h.jpgIMG_1719 by Brian Smith, on Flickr

30152160904_29c0d6e09b_h.jpgIMG_1683 by Brian Smith, on Flickr

30695376121_4420316816_b.jpgFullSizeRender(13) by Brian Smith, on Flickr

30695389471_3ae9c63990_b.jpgFullSizeRender(6) by Brian Smith, on Flickr

30695400551_a07e6978f6_b.jpgFullSizeRender(12) by Brian Smith, on Flickr

30747458246_8720af23d4_b.jpgFullSizeRender(4) by Brian Smith, on Flickr

30747468276_092f07304c_h.jpgIMG_1723 by Brian Smith, on Flickr

30747490086_47b1c1ebce_b.jpgFullSizeRender(3) by Brian Smith, on Flickr

30747502276_6a21a3feb0_h.jpgIMG_1711 by Brian Smith, on Flickr

30482954550_e4443d8173_h.jpgFullSizeRender(10) by Brian Smith, on Flickr

30148351243_5e3b7b4dab_z.jpgFullSizeRender(7) by Brian Smith, on Flickr

IMG_0501_zpsvqpu7xes by Brian Smith, on Flickr

Edited by DRIPTROIT 71

Very cool

Impressive model. Real nice detail also...

Thanks guys!!

DUDE !!!! That is one nice looking rig....Very well done....Almost resto mod style.....AWESOME !!!!!

Thanks JT! Great builders like yourself have been an inspiration to me.

VERY NICE!!

Thanks for the kind words!

Very nice job Brian. The front bumper looks to thin. I have followed your build as it went along what a wonder build.

It looks like it would be real nice to cruse around in. Love the detail. Well done.

Thanks Ken!! That means a lot coming from a great builder such as yourself. Your interior work inspired me. The bumper is too thin. My thicker bumper interfered with the cab tilting and I couldn't make a brake on the thinner one that I was satisfied with. I may or may not change it later.

Thanks again to everyone!!

Wow, I didnt realize this was under glass already. Brian, what a superb build man. This truck is flawless. The body work on the cab, and that black paint look like glass. There are so many things that set it apart. The stacks, the dual Farrs, the wood deck, the sunvisor,are just a few of my favorite details. I wish this was a real rig! Excellent, super, amazing work man. I would put this truck in front of a spread axle flatbed, or a black and green 53' van. I know its going in a display case, and you probably dont have room for all of that, but it would look great.

Wow Brian,that Mack is awesome!A very original and artistic build!

Thanks for the kind words and encouragement!

Wow, I didnt realize this was under glass already. Brian, what a superb build man. This truck is flawless. The body work on the cab, and that black paint look like glass. There are so many things that set it apart. The stacks, the dual Farrs, the wood deck, the sunvisor,are just a few of my favorite details. I wish this was a real rig! Excellent, super, amazing work man. I would put this truck in front of a spread axle flatbed, or a black and green 53' van. I know its going in a display case, and you probably dont have room for all of that, but it would look great.

Thanks Terry!! You have been an encouragement during this entire build! Not to mention your inspiring builds! It definitely has flaws though. I was thinking that a flatbed may need to be in its future though.

Congratulations Driptroit,you should take a bow on this one,it looks great,you,re hard work has really paid off.

Thanks Andrew! I always enjoy your builds here and over on Hank's.

Wow, simply WOW!  The best of all the best! A COE, a Detroit, and a Bulldog!!!!!!! That is just superb! The detail work, the paint, the entire idea is over the top!

Thanks Tom!! I'm a cabover man too.

Excellent, a really cool project.  Innovative and wonderfully carried out. 

Brian you really did a great job on this model and I really enjoyed your updates and picking up some tips as well, this was lots of fun to follow.

Well done!

Thanks Michael! I picked up some tips from you as well.

Well said, well done

Thanks for the encouraging words Dan

I liked matching the engine color to the trim. Looks sharp!

Thanks Kevin! It was different than my normal builds, but it almost makes me want to build another custom.

!