Model Cars Magazine Forum

Is it just me, or has the site slowed down again?

russosborne

You guys don't know what slow is until you try to move a thread to the proper location. 3-4 minutes watching the cursor spin, 3-4 times a day.

Dave is working with the technical support department for the software this board uses. Once they get it figured out he will schedule another shutdown.

• 3 weeks later...

New annoying extra special malfunction...reposting photos from elsewhere on the web is either not happening, or the photos sometimes disappear shortly afterwards.

As I often illustrate answers to technical questions with photos taken from open internet sources under the "fair use" definition in copyright law, this makes it impossible to continue as I have been doing, and makes it necessary to save the photo to my own drive, then load it to Photobucket, and then copy it to this site.

Frankly, it's just too damm much trouble if it continues.

I don't know if it's the result of somebody tinkering here, or some oddball change in the way Google tags and displays photos, but it's now a real PITA.

Whatever the cause, maybe I need to find a better use for my time.

EDIT: It seems to be working at the moment. We'll see.

Edited by Ace-Garageguy

New annoying extra special malfunction...reposting photos from elsewhere on the web is either not happening, or the photos sometimes disappear shortly afterwards.

As I often illustrate answers to technical questions with photos taken from open internet sources under the "fair use" definition in copyright law, this makes it impossible to continue as I have been doing, and makes it necessary to save the photo to my own drive, then load it to Photobucket, and then copy it to this site.

Frankly, it's just too damm much trouble if it continues.

I don't know if it's the result of somebody tinkering here, or some oddball change in the way Google tags and displays photos, but it's now a real PITA.

Whatever the cause, maybe I need to find a better use for my time.

EDIT: It seems to be working at the moment. We'll see.

quit your whining let's learn patience there only volunteers why don't you suggest to them how to fix it seem to know everything else!

quit your whining let's learn patience there only volunteers why don't you suggest to them how to fix it seem to know everything else!

Personal attacks are not allowed on this site. You are also supposed to have your name either below your avatar or in your signature.