Model Cars Magazine Forum

Is it just me, or has the site slowed down again?

russosborne

A lot of our picture content comes from PhotoBucket, and lately they've been more like PhotoBucketOfFail. I see they're back online again. It seems reasonably fast for me now, but we'll have to see how things develop.

If you experience slowness, please PM me or post here with the date and time (with time zone!). I want to try to correlate this with server activity and load.

Thanks,
Dave Ambrose

Edited by Dave Ambrose

Just more information, it does seem better at the moment.

However, I normally am not on here at this time of day. I am usually on late evenings/early mornings Arizona time. 10pm to maybe 3am, on and off. Which is when it seems the slowest to me. Maybe you guys are doing maintenance at that time?

Whichever, I still totally appreciate the forum and what you guys are doing.

Thanks,

Russ

Just more information, it does seem better at the moment.

However, I normally am not on here at this time of day. I am usually on late evenings/early mornings Arizona time. 10pm to maybe 3am, on and off. Which is when it seems the slowest to me. Maybe you guys are doing maintenance at that time?

Whichever, I still totally appreciate the forum and what you guys are doing.

Thanks,

Russ

That would be my maintenance window, but I don't do major maintenance all that often. Most of that is taken care of by the hosting company, which may be running backups in that time window. If I'm doing heavy maintenance, I'll let you know in advance, and take the site offline. 

I'm glad you're enjoying the forum.

For right now at least it is running great. 4:30pm Arizona time.

No slow down at all.

Dennis, I have Firefox installed, been my only browser used in over two years on this computer. When the site slows down FF isn't a magic bullet. At least for me. But yeah, I would never willingly run Explorer or Chrome if possible.

Russ

10:01 PM EST. I'm getting this when I try to edit a comment I made only 2 or three minutes earlier:

"This comment can no longer be edited. It may have been moved or deleted, or too much time may have passed since it was posted for it ti be edited."

This comment can no longer be edited. It may have been moved or deleted, or too much time may have passed since it was posted for it to be edited.
  •  
Edited by Ace-Garageguy