Model Cars Magazine Forum

Tom McMullen`s: AEE- Big Twin -On The Workbench 11-5-16

Been too long since I checked in John on your progress here.  Oh...........My.................Goodness!!    The entire trike is fantastic but I'm going to admit once and for all that I think your painting talents are otherwordldly.................yes, that's my description and I'm sticking with it.    I just love those colors and how you executed it.

One question for you, where you showed the painting of the "raindrops" on the car, it looks as though you have an attachment to your airbrush to achieve it, are my eyes deceiving me or is that something you came up with to achieve the effect??     Love it all dude!   cheers, tim

Been too long since I checked in John on your progress here.  Oh...........My.................Goodness!!    The entire trike is fantastic but I'm going to admit once and for all that I think your painting talents are otherwordldly.................yes, that's my description and I'm sticking with it.    I just love those colors and how you executed it.

One question for you, where you showed the painting of the "raindrops" on the car, it looks as though you have an attachment to your airbrush to achieve it, are my eyes deceiving me or is that something you came up with to achieve the effect??     Love it all dude!   cheers, tim

Hi Tim.......No,it`s not attached to the airbrush.......just the way I was holding it while I was taking the picture......it`s a round eyeball that I bought at Michaels Craft store......they come in different sizes......I drilled a small hole on the round end and glued a piece of wire to hold it while I airbrushed around the edge of the flat side that I layed onto the body........thanks Brother

Hello.......thanks guys for the kind comments......I really do appreciate them:)........I got the other engine in.......and started on the drive train.......the trans is attached with chains and the engine are driven with belt drives.......I also attached part of the exhaust system that I made and painted Alclad and will finish that up tomorrow.......I modified a trans cooler from my parts box and painted Alclad.......I also made a power booster and will attach that tomorrow........thanks for looking

DSCF2935_zpsicwqbzko.jpg

DSCF2937_zpsa9xg2vs4.jpg

DSCF2939_zpsrb2u6h3y.jpg

DSCF2938_zpsp1pgveqw.jpg

DSCF2942_zps1ldojczb.jpg

DSCF2941_zpsgzlvtdrl.jpg

Edited by John Teresi

Ahhhh, thanks for the explanation John.  Now I know I have NO hope of ever painting anything close to that.  Where did you learn to paint like that???   You truly are an artist with an airbrush.  Cheers

Hi Tim.......when I was kid......I worked for my father on the weekends cleaning his  shop and polishing the Choppers in the 60`s.........and I was lucky enought to watch the custom painters  do there tricks on the paint jobs.......and I  just started practicing on my motorcycle gas tanks and helmets......then started doing it on models.......it`s the same thing just in a very small scale......you have the talent too Tim......I know you could do it.......airbrushing is pretty easy I think......just practice with it and before long you will get the hang of it just like anything else:)

Hello.......thank you all so very much for the kind comments.......I really do appreciate them:).......I got the exhaust system made and attached ......and I also attached the power booster.........I made an electrical box and got that attched ......I made a master cylinder and hooked that up........ and also made a battery ,battery tray and cables and also got those attached .......I used "Pro Tech" nut and bolt ends,and the insulation from the Braided Oil Line for the brake cable.......I will paint the rear wheels next......thanks for looking.

Well Brother,     Once again you have left me searching for the right words to describe your modeling efforts.  It is very obvious that you are a rare talent when it comes to painting but to me what stands out on this one is your ability to craft this trike out of styrene stock and a few bits from the parts box. 

Just stunning work !!!!!

Randy