Model Cars Magazine Forum

Tom McMullen`s: AEE- Big Twin -On The Workbench 11-5-16

Seeing as this part of the forum is near or at the bottom of the list on Topics, I sometimes forget to stop by.  My loss.  Great googily moogily man, the last pics and detailed you shared John are awesome.  10 minutes and a cup of coffee and I'll be done checking out all the cool stuff you've done again.  You're nearing the finish line aren't you?   cheers, tim

Hello.......thank you all so very much for the kind comments.......I really do appreciate them:)........I hand painted the letters and blue streaks on the tires and lightly weathered them........I modified the wheels and painted them Alclad and made some valve stems.......I made the traction/wheelie bars and painted them Alclad.......I made the rear end and painted it Alclad.......I got wheels and tires attached ......I made some hubs for the outer wheels so that they can be removable .......I used "Pro Tech"  T` and nut and bolt ends........thanks for looking.

Hello.......Curt,Chris,Ray.......thanks guys for the kind comments......I really do appreciate them:).......I made the seat and Headrest and  painted them "Osh" brand Semi- gloss black and I also flocked the inserts .......I made a Hwy. Patrol Radio like the one on the original trike and a antenna ........I also attached the taillight.......I will work on the front end next.......thanks for looking

John... You keep raising the bar on your builds. That seat I looking awesome Brother. Love that you flocked the inserts and the contrast that you get between the seat and inserts. Totally digging the scratch build radio and antenna. Your little touches always  makes your builds even better.

Hello......Art,Chris,Bob ,Seth.......thanks guys for the kind comments.......I really do appreciate them:).......I  made the front end and handle bars and painted Alclad......I modified the headlights and made a dual head light brkt. and painted them Alclad......got them attached to the frame and used "Pro Tech" fuel line and the insulation rubber in the braided line for the brake cable and the throttle cables......My buddy Art Laski gave me some watch parts and I used a few for the gas caps and painted them Alclad.......I also finished the plumbing and electrical in the drive train area.......I just need to attach the headlight lenses,front wheel,shifter handle and make a couple of toggle switches......thanks for looking.

Is it fair to ask John,  of the models you've built, that you have a favorite or 2?   Surely this one would be high on the list.  Still loving that paint and the shot of all 4 tires from the back is a giggle all itself.  cheers

Is it fair to ask John,  of the models you've built, that you have a favorite or 2?   Surely this one would be high on the list.  Still loving that paint and the shot of all 4 tires from the back is a giggle all itself.  cheers

Hi Codi.......thank you very much.......yes, I do have a couple of favorites that I have built...... here are a couple 1/12 scale replicas that I built ........The Jammer Cycle Streamliner and the Easyriders Streamliner........because these Streamliners are a big part of my growing up...... being involved with them......thanks for asking

Hello.......Randy,Bruce,Chris,Tim........thanks guys so very much for the kind comments.......I really do appreciate them:).......I got the front wheel on and made a front axle......I also put on the the other 2 rear wheels ,they are re-movable and  the seat is also re-movable.......I made a shifter and painted it Alclad and got it attached and also made some toggle switches ........and I attached the headlight lenses .......I just need to add a few details and this model will be done tomorrow......thanks for looking