Model Cars Magazine Forum

Fairlane 427 stock w/ some detail

Ben269

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Thanks for the positive comments, guys.  Wayne, I think you are right, the wire boots are supposed to be black.   The later fords had orange, but  after i built this engine, and looked at photos, none had orange in '66.   Its ok, you can't even see them with the shock towers so close to the engine.  

With the ride hight, the rocker panel is pretty level from front to back, but the front wheel opening is so high, that it looks off.  Also, I couldn't quite get the body and chassis to fit perfectly after it was painted.   I see a lot of you on here do much more test fitting before you paint, and I will start doing that with my builds going forward.  

Any tips on taking photos would be appreciated.

Thanks for the positive comments, guys.  Wayne, I think you are right, the wire boots are supposed to be black.   The later fords had orange, but  after i built this engine, and looked at photos, none had orange in '66.   Its ok, you can't even see them with the shock towers so close to the engine.  

With the ride hight, the rocker panel is pretty level from front to back, but the front wheel opening is so high, that it looks off.  Also, I couldn't quite get the body and chassis to fit perfectly after it was painted.   I see a lot of you on here do much more test fitting before you paint, and I will start doing that with my builds going forward.  

Any tips on taking photos would be appreciated.

Screenshot_2017-10-01-23-34-46.thumb.pngthe ride height of your model compared to the real thing looks right to me. Personally I think its all an illusion due to the cars high front bumper and offset wheel well openings. Either way. Once more your model is amazing