Model Cars Magazine Forum

69 COPO Nova (UPDATE - COMPLETED & UNDER GLASS 1-5-17)

lghtngyello03

Bet you guys are wondering what happened to this build, lol.  Well, Christmas time came, and since my wife is from up North, we had to go up there for Christmas with her family, so there was my week and a half of Christmas Vacation. I did get back to the bench yesterday evening and got the body cleared, polished, and my BMF work done.

I don't know how I have gone this long without a dehydrator, lol. I cleared this thing at about 4:30pm, and by 8:00pm I was ready to polish and good to go.

All that is left to put the glass in, detail my panel lines, paint the radiator support and under hood area black, put the photo etch stuff on, and it will be ready to put onto the chassis.

20170103_210424.jpg

20170103_210610.jpg

20170103_210948.jpg

20170103_210717.jpg

20170103_210652.jpg

20170103_210903.jpg

20170103_210809.jpg

20170103_213647.jpg

20170103_225059.jpg

20170103_221732.jpg

Nice build Scott, that paint came out nice, personally I'm not liking the colour, but you did a fabulous job on it. 

David.

The color looks awesome in person. I'm taking my pics currently on the workbench with my cell phone, so it messes with the hue. I'm going to take the under glass pics with my DSLR.

Looks great, should be fun to see that on tables at the SCMA show in 2 weeks. 

Make sure you save your lunch money, I will be there with a bunch of kits to sell off!

Thanks Mike. Lol, I've got too many as is, but we all know how that goes.

Very very nice love that color great job bub

Thanks Jason.

Continue to impress with the details Scott! That is looking fantastic.

And despite what a wife might say, you can never have too many models! 

Thanks Mike!

Haha....yea, we just went to AC Moore Monday, and I saw they had a buy one get one 50% off on models...... so, I bought a 2nd COPO Camaro and the Revell 37 Ford Coupe Street Rod :lol: 

I have a closet full of models in our guest bedroom, and I always hear about that one, lol.

Edited by lghtngyello03

Thanks Dave.

And thanks to everyone who has been following this build and showing support. It keeps me going and makes me strive to be as good as you guys :D

Don't worry, you have surpassed my skill level already. Very impressive build and details on this model, your patience and attention to getting the details correct is what sets you apart from some of us. I have never built a model with such detail and accuracy as my builds don't make it to model shows, they are for me and my model room.

Heading over to see this one now......! Dude...wow is all I can muster!!!!

I can’t say enough good things about this build – I like it more each time I look at it.  Really impressive work.

Lol, thanks fellas. I have to say, I probably have had the most fun building this one. Everything went together without issue. Granted, I had to hack the body to death on the rear fender wells to fit the massive radials, but it went smoothly the entire process.