Model Cars Magazine Forum

Paint issue

this is twice now I've tried to paint my mustang body with Dupli Color paint from advanced auto I've have bought 2 kits also because paint will not come off in purple pond. I use this paint with Dupli Color primer also. 

Im going to try again. I also don't think I'm doing wet sanding in correct order. Could I get some advice on which rattle can paint you all have good luck with? 

In which order do you all like to prime paint wet sand and polish your bodies?

Also I tried painting trim...didn't work. Used paint marker...didn't work. So I'm gonna try BMF for first time but seems like trim on body is so thin. Hope I can do it. Also the paint builds up around emblems that are on body. What should I do about that?

My answer would be to get an airbrush, but that is not what you are looking for.  Did you try to warm up the spray can in lukewarm water before spraying?

As far as paint removal goes, is it the color layer or the primer layer which is not coming off?

Edited by peteski

Im going to try again. I also don't think I'm doing wet sanding in correct order. Could I get some advice on which rattle can paint you all have good luck with? 

Try Super Clean or brake fluid for strippers.

I use Tamiya, Testors, lacquers and enamels. I do use Krylon and Rustoleum enamels..  If you wet sand put some soap in the water..

Okay so this time in the purple pond the paint seemed to come off a lot better I don't know why it was just a different color and I didn't even leave it in pond as long but still had some paint on it so I sprayed brake clean on it and didn't really do much now going back to purple pond to try to get the rest off. I'm not sure if I'm gonna be able to use this body might have to trash another one! I will take a pic of first body which is red then second body which is black. 

IMG_3466.JPG

IMG_3467.JPG