Model Cars Magazine Forum

(candy man) honda civic si

todd.clark

I started this beauty about a month in a half ago. I dont do many ricers so i really enjoyed this. I picked up createx candy colors so i figjred id try the candy blood red on it. I think it came out awsome. Even though i had to strip and repaint the bumper and hood twice. Because if you have ever painted with candy before thwn you know that if you mess up you cant sand it down and repaint a little spot, you have to repaint the whole thing or it will be patchy. But i painted the seats the same candy red and tan i think it came out great also. The inside of the rimes are painted gunmetal grey and i also tool a old set of rims from the parts box and made a lip for the rims. The engine block is candy red as well. But all in all i think its pne of the best models ive done yet. Tell me what you guys think.

20161109_020947.jpg

20161109_020941.jpg

20161109_020926.jpg

20161109_020912.jpg

20161109_020140.jpg

20161109_020605.jpg

I agree.. it does look like it has a nice paint job.. but I can't really tell because of the blurry photos. I think if you were to add more backlight and a solid color background you would have a better quality photos on retake. I'd really like to see the paintwork clearly.

I agree.. it does look like it has a nice paint job.. but I can't really tell because of the blurry photos. I think if you were to add more backlight and a solid color background you would have a better quality photos on retake. I'd really like to see the paintwork clearly.

Nice work

Great build, too bad about the grainy pics, we're missing out on viewing some great work.

The trans colours lend themselves to a world of shades with what ever you use as a base. Awesome candy red, makes me think of a candy apple. 

Edited by Rider