Model Cars Magazine Forum

64 Impala Lowrider !.... FINISHED ...

Lowlife ! !

After hassle with photobucket I think its ok again, so a sneek peek update !  Weathers too cold for painting so I started on one of my favourite bits, interior. Now I know some of you don't like lowriders, so a fur and mirror tiled interior wont be popular, but hey, I love em !  Heres the front seats, although I may redo these soon to get the buttons more straight, bottom parts in yellow are deep buttoned too, but don't show up in the pics? ......;)

20161203_200438_zpsprkm4af5.jpg

Done well making the seats. Tingos would be proud. 

So on with the interior, the floor was covered in plastic sheet to get a flat base, and a piece of plastic, cut to shape, made up for the rear seat support. The centre console is again plastic strip covered in chrome card, marked into strips, and added along with all the other fur, felt, and glitter card !  The strip of plastic across where the dash goes is to support the new scratched dash I'm working on !  

After several attempts I'm liking this now, it kind of evolves as you add a piece, rip a bit out and redo it, then add new bits. I'm going to redo the front seats in a different colour, and eventually have the dash, door panels, boot floor, headliner and inside the boot and bonnet all matching.  More soon, thanks for looking in......:D

Thanks guys !

Luke, funny you mention Tingos, I was blown away with his interiors and Ive been trying them out ever since !

Eric, thanks mate nice to hear some people on here like these old style interiors too !

Lloyd, cheers for following along, thanks again for the pegasus link on eBay , they do look good !

Bob, Dave, I'm slowly getting the hang of interiors, but the paint I'm still in need of more practice. Hopefully I can come up with something good, I'm going to practice when the weather warms up a bit !

And Shawn, where you been? Thanks bro glad your still around I haven't heard of you in a while !

Edited by Lowlife ! !

George, Tom, thanks guys !

Not been getting a lot of time to work on this, but thought id show you the boot floor. I continued the centre console through the boot, adding a few curves as it looked a bit plain being flat. Still got to add the hydraulic pumps, and rear rams etc but the furry bits done !  Now I can start on the side panels, and then fit the new dashboard and seats.   B)

• 2 weeks later...

Pat, thanks yeah it takes a time but its fun, right ?  :D

Randy, thanks man, nothing like the kind of work you do, but I appreciate it !

And thanks for following along David.......;)

Been a busy Xmas but I've finished the side panels !  Just the new seats, passenger door insert and dash to go.... Had trouble with the red felt at the top, folding it over the top of the door panels etc was difficult, so I had to cut and chop it about to fit. But the joins are located where the rear pillar comes so its not seen !  Anyways, a quick pic, more soon hopefully......B)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Thanks Randy !

Next up was the chassis. Main part is sprayed silver, with the smaller parts coloured with chrome pens. The front springs were separated from the spindles and replaced with chrome parts, there is also bare metal foil in there too !  Wheels are Pegasus Ds, with chrome disc brakes added.  B)