Model Cars Magazine Forum

64 Impala Lowrider !.... FINISHED ...

Lowlife ! !

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Joe, next up was paint. This is a Tamiya colour, brightest yellow I could find ! Chrome trim is BMF for the straight parts and molotow pens for the rest.

I figured the insides were loud enough, so decided against  graphics and went for a straight colour.....

Thanks Dave....

I would definitely recommend the pens, real chrome in a pen, its a lowrider builders dream ! !

Check out Graff City Ltd on the web, they post in the UK for a reasonable amount. They come in 1,2 and 4mm, the largest I haven't needed much, mostly been using the 1mm. They are great, but straight lines can be tricky so I still use BMF for these and the pens for all the smaller stuff. 

If you look at the picture above (the separate door especially ! )  the side trim and bonnet are BMF, all the window trim etc is with the pens !

Edited by Lowlife ! !

Well its FINISHED ! !

Last few parts and more upholstering ( under bonnet, boot and roof)  and its all together.   B)

Thanks to those who took the time to reply, I can never understand why Lowriders are unpopular on here but each to there own eh !

Look for finished pics in under glass, but for now a sneek peek with the crew from Lowlife Customs, thanks Guys ! !