Model Cars Magazine Forum

cheech's 64 impala

I think that would be me. I displayed it at NNL East in 2003.

upinsmoke.jpg

It took a lot of viewings and I even took pictures of the video to try to get all of the details correct. Let me know if you have any questions.

what did you use for the speaker/horns in the grille?? also whered you get the hood ornament??

• 3 weeks later...
what did you use for the speaker/horns in the grille?? also whered you get the hood ornament??

I built this a while ago, so the details are sketchy! I pulled it out last night to look and I think that one of the speakers was from my parts box from an unknown kit. The other one looks like I took a carb "horn" (sometimes used on the top of high rise twin carbs) and stuck a piece of Evergreen rod in the center to make it look like a speaker. The hood ornament was scratch built - the body whittled out of a piece of sprue and the wings were cut from some clear sheet and tinted with Tamiya Clear Orange bottle paint.

Sorry I took so long to get back to you. I don't get to this board very much. Hope this helps!

• 1 year later...