Model Cars Magazine Forum

Modern Cuda - New Pics 2/25/17

DrKerry

I have to first give a huge shout out to Robyn for the help in the way of the 09 Challenger kit that I have been looking for to complete the build you'll see in a minute.....

Last year at the Milwaukee NNL in Waukesha I won a Modern Cuda from Mike's Scale Speed Shop. As most or some of you may know Mike Dowd once owned the business and sold it over a year ago after finding out he had pancreatic cancer. However he lost his battle a couple weeks ago!

I know that this trans kit came about after he sold the business but I feel it's connected to him anyway and I dug it out to build it... Only problem was the kit isn't on shelves anymore, so I put word out and Robyn had an extra kit... Well it came in the mail today and after opening it and seeing the body of the kit has better detail, one problem in casting is it's not as sharp as a kit part. So I sit here at 3:30 to 4:00 in the morning, I work third shift so I'm wide awake anyway!! However I'm here cutting the front and rear facias off the resin copy to put onto the kit body. It will also use the resin Shaker hood and scoop. I'm not sure on color yet but leaning towards the Lime Light green! Although I may play with that a bit and ask for some Creatix Pearl Lime for a stocking stuffer!!!!

Image result for createx pearl lime

Anyway here is the resin body and hood....

0.thumb.jpg.2a0cd7e13401dd0e618d63b93e0c

Progress pics coming in a few minutes!!!!

Edited by DrKerry

I have to first give a huge shout out to Robyn for the help in the way of the 09 Challenger kit that I have been looking for to complete the build you'll see in a minute.....

Last year at the Milwaukee NNL in Waukesha I won a Modern Cuda from Mike's Scale Speed Shop. As most or some of you may know Mike Dowd once owned the business and sold it over a year ago after finding out he had pancreatic cancer. However he lost his battle a couple weeks ago!

I know that this trans kit came about after he sold the business but I feel it's connected to him anyway and I dug it out to build it... Only problem was the kit isn't on shelves anymore, so I put word out and Robyn had an extra kit... Well it came in the mail today and after opening it and seeing the body of the kit has better detail, one problem in casting is it's not as sharp as a kit part. So I sit here at 3:30 to 4:00 in the morning, I work third shift so I'm wide awake anyway!! However I'm here cutting the front and rear facias off the resin copy to put onto the kit body. It will also use the resin Shaker hood and scoop. I'm not sure on color yet but leaning towards the Lime Light green! Although I may play with that a bit and ask for some Creatix Pearl Lime for a stocking stuffer!!!!

Image result for createx pearl lime

Anyway here is the resin body and hood....

0.thumb.jpg.2a0cd7e13401dd0e618d63b93e0c

Progress pics coming in a few minutes!!!!

I thought it only sold a year or so ago? .... Ive had mine for well over 3-4 years.

Kool project none the less, I have been waiting for someone to build one before doing mine. I will be watching this topic.

That's looking really cool kerry and I really do enjoy watching your builds but I'm like you I just build for myself and hardly anyone sees them. I had to take a couple to my last model club meeting to prove to them that I do buil! Lol

vince

lol, I hear ya there....... my friends here don't accuse me of not building they just raz me for not getting anything done........

• 2 weeks later...

Paint is on order, working on wheels right now. Took the kit wheels cut out the centers and putting in a set of parts box Halibrands to have the look of an older wheel but the larger diameter of today's wheels.... I'll take some pics over the weekend and get them up!!!!!!!