Model Cars Magazine Forum

Foose 69 Camaro Z-28

JerseyRed

This is the one that got me started. The 1/12 Foose 1969 Camaro Z-28. I picked it up at Hobby Lobby just to have something to do when I hurt my back and couldn't do anything this past spring. I had some auto body experience when I was younger but never thought about modeling before. As I went along I really got into it. I've done a few since and have four that I currently have at various stages. I think I might've found a cool hobby (or maybe a budding obsession).

IMG_0352.JPG

IMG_0360.JPG

IMG_0364.JPG

IMG_0374.JPG

Edited by JerseyRed

Thanks Jordan!

To Foose or not to Foose, that was the question. I had a hard time deciding how I would build this one as I'm not sure how much I really like his designs. But I had been talking about him with my auto body friends for quite sometime and went ahead and built it his way. I had fun building it, and I think it came out ok for a first ever model, but when I finished it my first thought was that I would build another in the stock version. I'd still like to at some point. I like working on the 1/12 scale, but now I have I have a long list I want to do before I come back to this one.

Very Nice Model!  The paint is nice and slick, and you did great with the decals........... :)

I've always liked Foose's REAL designed cars, not so much the ones he just adds stripes and rims to. The TerraCuda, FD-100, Impression, all first rate designs..... There is a thread in the 1:1 section about an Impala named Imposter, that's a nice car.....................

I've been wanting to do a large scale kit for a while, this just may be the one I take a stab at............... 

Very Nice Model!  The paint is nice and slick, and you did great with the decals........... :)

I've always liked Foose's REAL designed cars, not so much the ones he just adds stripes and rims to. The TerraCuda, FD-100, Impression, all first rate designs..... There is a thread in the 1:1 section about an Impala named Imposter, that's a nice car.....................

I've been wanting to do a large scale kit for a while, this just may be the one I take a stab at............... 

Thanks TJ! 

The decals I did before I learned about micro sol and micro set. I'm still not entirely comfortable using them both. I'm also not sure about cutting the decals crossing door jambs hood openings etc. Suggestions and constructive criticism are more than welcome. Not just from you but anybody. I'm trying to learn as much as possible and I know I'm missing plenty.

Thanks TJ! 

The decals I did before I learned about micro sol and micro set. I'm still not entirely comfortable using them both. I'm also not sure about cutting the decals crossing door jambs hood openings etc. Suggestions and constructive criticism are more than welcome. Not just from you but anybody. I'm trying to learn as much as possible and I know I'm missing plenty.

This build looks great! I handle decals over door jambs by cutting the decal straight down the door gap with a BRAND NEW exacto or scalpel blade. Then microsol or solvaset. The decal will wrinkle initially bt leave it alone and it usually snuggles down well. If no, when completely dry you can touch up reany remaining wrinkles. Large wrinkles may require a slit with the new blade in order to get them to cooperate.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks Jordan!

To Foose or not to Foose, that was the question. I had a hard time deciding how I would build this one as I'm not sure how much I really like his designs. But I had been talking about him with my auto body friends for quite sometime and went ahead and built it his way. I had fun building it, and I think it came out ok for a first ever model, but when I finished it my first thought was that I would build another in the stock version. I'd still like to at some point. I like working on the 1/12 scale, but now I have I have a long list I want to do before I come back to this one.

Ok ? for your first ever....    You did an awesome job on it  !!!!       thought first pic was 1/1 if not sitting on a cutting mat     and to tackle a 1/12 to boot

Great job 

This build looks great! I handle decals over door jambs by cutting the decal straight down the door gap with a BRAND NEW exacto or scalpel blade. Then microsol or solvaset. The decal will wrinkle initially bt leave it alone and it usually snuggles down well. If no, when completely dry you can touch up reany remaining wrinkles. Large wrinkles may require a slit with the new blade in order to get them to cooperate.

Sorry Tim I thought I had already replied to your post. Thanks for the tip, I cut the decals and hit them with microsol. They look much better. Luckily these decals went on pretty easy. I've done a couple lately that have been a problem, but it was certainly a learning experience.

Ok ? for your first ever....    You did an awesome job on it  !!!!       thought first pic was 1/1 if not sitting on a cutting mat     and to tackle a 1/12 to boot

Great job 

Beauty, love it

Beautiful.

Dave, Dan and Ken

Thanks for the kind words guys I really appreciate it!