Model Cars Magazine Forum

60 Edsel Hardtop Restoration

Porscheman

This is one the other buys from the LIARS show. I paid $30.00 for this one.  This was an updated original promo. Whoever had it before, updated the interior and chassis with that of AMT's latest 60 Ford kit.

I wanted to do this one in a different 2 tone. I went to Google images and found one, I think it added a lot to the final restoration. It's painted Testors Wimbledon White with a Flame Red top and matching interior. I got rid of all the custom stuff, added stock wheel covers, a set of period wide whites. and tinted the glass. I brought it back to the way I like it, Replica Stock.

Let me know how it looks.

Thanks

Al

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

I like it  and $30 was a good buy.

And if the convertibles are everywhere ,,,I'll take another 1,,,,,or 2 or 3. I have an  unbuilt 1960 convertible in the box and I keep looking for a builder  that's  clean but all I find are ones with all the goofy custom stuff glued all over it. Regardless its probably going to be a while before I even think about starting it ,,,but I bought it to build not collect dust . so someday.

My 59 kit was also a near mint in the box kit ( its not anymore )

Edited by gtx6970

And if the convertibles are everywhere ,,,I'll take another 1,,,,,or 2 or 3.

Sorry Bill, I didn't really mean that they were "everywhere".

But I will bet you dollars to doughnuts that you can find 10 convertibles, or more, for every hard top you find.

There's just not a lot of them out there.

Steve

Mighty fine looking restoration.  That being said, those Edsel's were beyond ugly, especially the taillights.

I agree.

I always thought that they looked pretty nice in profile, but it's kind of like seeing a beautiful woman in profile & then having her turn & smile & you realize she's cross eyed & has no teeth in the front! :blink::D

Steve