Model Cars Magazine Forum

Finished ! Stone Woods & Cook Dark Horse Mustang

LoneWolf15

Revell kit . Front suspension from the '57 Ford gasser wagon , shot with Alclad . Wheels & tires from the '62 Vette gasser kit . Shabo dry transfers on the tires from my dwindling supply ( Whimper ) . Paint was base coated with Testors enamel and then clear coated with Pearl X laden Testors Clear Top Coat enamel . 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Everything about this is just stunning. Panel fit is crisp and precise, the paint work is immaculate and the subject matter well researched* and executed with just the right amount of detail to be believable. Bravo! Truly exceptional.

*Most pics of this car are of the Dark Horse 2, the blown version. Finding references for the injected version mustn't of been easy...

The Webers are from one of Harold Bradford's Historic Racing Minatures engine kits . Decals are from Slixx . Velocity stacks are from Joey Cardoza's JDS Racing . The aforementioned are some of my go to favorites , their  products are all of a superior quality and provide a realistic appearance each and every time . Chris , thank you  ! I guess it got knocked loose during final assembly and I missed it . I appreciate the heads up ! 

Hi Donn, what a treat to see you posting here.  Nice car but I've always been a sucker for mustangs.  Beautiful paint as always.  I think you're getting the hang of it.  ;)  Thanks again for all the advice and insights you've shared in the past.  Trust me, I've not forgotten.  cheers, tim

Thanks for the kudos , ya'll ! I greatly appreciate it ! Too much business , not enough pleasure these days , so I decided to do something for myself for a change . I set the commission work aside and worked on one of my own projects . I still have 5 or 6 sitting off to the side that are well on their way to being finished and I intend to do just that ! Gotta find a balance to this craziness ..... Lol ! 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by LoneWolf15
Photo additions