Model Cars Magazine Forum

'78 Cordoba

restoman

Maybe an engine from one of Revell's Duster or Dart kits could give you the engine your looking for.

I think they're my only options for a decent small block... but I'm in budget mode now and all ready have the '71 Charger which is a big block, so unless I can swap for one of those, this will be a 400 big block Cordoba.

• 1 month later...

Not much in the way of updates. Scrubbed all the parts, then scrubbed them again...

I started on the donor chassis and found a 9.25 Chrysler Corporate rear end instead of the Charger's 8.75 rear and am working on casting my own small block Mopar engine to make it a '79 300 instead of a Cordoba.

I'm not sure if Air-Trax has a website but you can email Tapani at raurata@yahoo.com and he'll answer all your questions. Really easy guy yo deal with. :)

I'm thoroughly impressed with this casting as well as the '69 300 I bought!

• 3 weeks later...

Had some time today to spend on this:

I'm pretty happy with how it's fitting together. Some styrene needs to be added to the cowl area at the windshield base - the windshield barely fits. The rad support panel needs some plastic too.

Those tiny looking Rally wheels aren't staying but they're good enough to ensure the wheels are centered in the wheel wells. :)

Comments welcome. 

resin 6.jpg

resin 5.jpg

resin 4.jpg

resin 2.jpg

resin 8.jpg

resin 1.jpg

resin 7.jpg

resin 3.jpg

Cool project,a buddy of mine had a Burgundy 76 Córdoba.It had a 360,but it also had the horrible,Lean burn emission system.So the car was kind of a pig on the road.Not to mention it was a dam heavy car.We had fun cruising around in it,until he slammed it into a fence,and a tree.But I have to say,that interior was real comfortable.?

image.jpeg

Right...!  I had a '76 Yellow / black interior black landau top   round headlamp... also a 360ci..

A very interesting project....  Good luck with it..!

Yep Dave and it really ran too for a big heavy car...cool old cars but one of my favorites we had by Dodge was the Aspen R/T we had..Id love to build a replica of it.

• 2 years later...

Back at it...

Sprayed the body with Chrysler Cool Vanilla single layer urethane and the interior is Humbrol enamel burgundy.

I've decided to build this as a '79 300 and have a resin copy of the '71 Duster engine to fit in there. Modified the left exhaust manifold to resemble a B body mani. 

It took a LOT of gentle persuasion to get the chassis and interior inside the thick resin shell... but it fits and nothing is broken, so on we go. The door panels aren't tight to the body so a little thought needed there. 

The tires are Fireball BFGs and the Super Coupe-style wheels are my own resin units, based off of Fireball's excellent cop car wheels. 

Comments always welcome.

300 2 1.jpg

300 5.jpg

300 4.jpg

300 1 1.jpg

300 3.jpg

On 1/10/2017 at 12:38 PM, NYLIBUD said:

Cool project,a buddy of mine had a Burgundy 76 Córdoba.It had a 360,but it also had the horrible,Lean burn emission system.So the car was kind of a pig on the road.Not to mention it was a dam heavy car.We had fun cruising around in it,until he slammed it into a fence,and a tree.But I have to say,that interior was real comfortable.?

image.jpeg

Of course the interior was comfortable. It was Corintian leather and Ricado Mantelban recommends it.