Model Cars Magazine Forum

430 Ferrari challenge (shark nose) update

Gt fan

After my orange Enzo I'm back at it. I always liked these kits. Easy to build and with a bit extra they look quite well when done. I started on the interior a few days ago and here is the progress. The door panels have had the centers removed. The belts are Scale Motorsports. I'm using the Hobby Design detail set for this car. It has the "shark teeth design on the nose

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by Gt fan
Update

No fit issues. This kit sits lower than the street car. The rotors are driller a bit more than a wash added. I have a bunch of the challenge car kits. The black car is the hard one to find. There a fun build and you can make them with any race team logos. I did a Red Bull one for a friend.

Here is the interior all padded up. I made this kit with the passenger seat. As some cars have both in them. One for the instructor. Hoses on the seats are from the detail kit, as with the seatbelt hardware.  The door panels centers were cut out and the pull handles added. Bolt heads just need to be touched in. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I am currently building the #16 car, (the one with Coca-Cola on it).  Not being super familiar with this series, I was unsure about one seat or two seats.  You just helped answer my question!  Thanks!  I am doing mine box stock so that I can enter it in that category at upcoming shows.

You are doing a really nice job on yours.  I'll be following along.