Model Cars Magazine Forum

1965 Corvette Stingray 2016 Revell RoG issue

The Creative Explorer

Haha Thanks John! Yeah, it was a good test of patience, what a work. But the good thing about 1k paint, is that is better to polish than 2k.

And finally finished polishing! Looks just so much better and if I wanted to; I could've done a better job. I went for the safe way and didn't push it too far.

Started to chrome the car, the rearwindow done

The windscreen done

And finally the whole car done, fortunately not too much chrome for the '65

All the parts for the headlights, before

And after, I painted the outer ring of the clear part black, gives the illusion of a sealing rubber

I dryfitted the windscreen and noticed a lot of play, with such a big clear part, it is almost unavoidable that it will not go on clean and in case of using clear-glue, it might not hold the glass in place. So I thought off using strong, thin double sided tape.  I used it as much as I could

Got rid of the protection tape and presto: a firm held in place clear glass part!

Starting to look like something

The exhaust tips are way to thick, I cut some plastic off the inside of the part and that makes it look more realistic

And we are getting somewhere; the car is sitting on it's own wheels now and it does look awesome!

The only issue is that the body is sitting too low or the engine too high. The hood doesn't want to shut no more.

and some shots of the rear end: