Model Cars Magazine Forum

Truck 'Loading Bay' Diorama WIP

tiking

I agree with others - the realism of your modeling is amazing.  The closeup photos could easily be mistaken for photos of the 1:1 scale loading dock.  Very clever use of the foamcore board to represent concrete. And the coloring looks very realistic.  Very impressive!

If I was building this model, I would add working lights too. But that is me - I like light things up! :)

Posting where I left off. I finally got the components together that will give me a reasonable spotlight design. I was planning of purchasing but decided that I could not wait and went ahead and scratch built my own. I think they will look 'ok', when painted.

I decided to scratch built my own security camera. Here are the parts and what I used to put my own together:

The components all laid out- I made the glass out of plastic. I had to mount the see-through plastic piece separately. Then cut a second piece to provide a protective cover for the lens. Then a third inner body piece as the internal housing:

The components mounted together: I think the effort was worth it:

-----------------------------------------

I used resin nuts and bolts. Glad I had bought many of these sometime ago. I knew they would have come in handy:

I built the U-beam from an old piece of plastic I found. I painted it blue and added a piece of poster-board painted a concrete color.

This is what I used to paint the building. It was custom mixed by my local paint store. It is a concrete color.

I agree with others - the realism of your modeling is amazing.  The closeup photos could easily be mistaken for photos of the 1:1 scale loading dock.  Very clever use of the foamcore board to represent concrete. And the coloring looks very realistic.  Very impressive!

If I was building this model, I would add working lights too. But that is me - I like light things up! :)

Yeah. I might just do that after afterwards. Although, I am not very good with working out how to light things up the right way. But I like your suggestion. Thanks.

More progress of the second truck docking bay.Added a black wash over the entire concrete platform. Then added a second brown wash accentuate the concrete. The results looked pretty good to me. Then I added the details to the bay itself:

docking_steps_zpsslu7dmjc.jpg

How did the cornerof the concrete dock get chipped with the metal post protecting that area?  Or was the post added after the accident to prevent further damage? :D

Will you add a handrail on the wall so the person climbing the steps will have something to hold onto?

The realism of your diorama is amazing. The way you take the photos also makes it look like the 1:1 scale scene!

More details added. Will be adding a bay gate( not sure what they are called) and some minor other details.

I took some out door photos(not really good ones, as it was still early in the morning), but the results were enough to let me know it looks good in the outdoors. ;)