Model Cars Magazine Forum

Things I have been working on

Riley Customs

I have been busy doing other things but now it is time to work on some of the other projects for my up coming garage diorama.20161119_135946.thumb.jpg.e0a61cfeeb7c8d

Since I have either sold or given away most of my work benches I need to make some more. Started by drawing out the basic layout of the front.

20161119_140000.thumb.jpg.1d36d127ebd8a5

Went ahead and taped two pieces together and made one cut so the drawer fronts came out the same length.

20161119_155536.thumb.jpg.888f4a1d1b3292

Then kinda got into it alittle to much and forgot to take pics as I was going but here it is put together.

• 2 months later...

Well I put the last cabinet to the side while I started working on this. 20170128_144623.thumb.jpg.b866b02cff458e

This is an old body that I had laying around that I wasn't using. What to do with it, what to do with it.........20170128_153330.thumb.jpg.55cf343f88de6e

So this is what I did with it so far. I have an idea....hopefully it works.20170128_162138.thumb.jpg.106d0e14e5e602

Decided I am going to make an office desk out of it. I started making the desk part and am mocking up the height of it. Of course once I get everything in I will strip the body and repaint it to a more suitable office color.

You might consider changing the size and shape of the cut out in that deck lid.I'd suggest taking the side cut out to the top edge of the fender line on both sides and forward(?) to where the rear facia panel attaches.That would increase the available desk top work space and look less like the original piece less the roof section.Adding vertical panels down from the fender top edges and the facia panel would attach the new cut lines to the desk top itself.Just another set of ideas from another sick mind.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you all for the kind words. Wasn't sure how this idea would turn out but after reading your comments I'd say it works. I am trying to use up some extra parts I have laying around to re-purpose them other ways than they are intended for.  Now onto the next project.