Model Cars Magazine Forum

MCW 1963 1/2 Lightweight Galaxie Interior

johnwitzke

Model Car World (MCW) makes a resin interior kit for the 1963 Lightweight Ford Galaxie.  Overall MCW captured the interior detail well, dash has radio and heater deletes, door panels have the armrest removed.  The front seats included in the MCW kit are not accurate for a 1963 Lightweight Galaxie.  They are however correct for the 1962 Lightweight Galaxie.  To correct this flaw for the 1963 Lightweight Galaxie that I am building to replicate Dick Brannan's car, I have modified the kit seats.  The seat on the left is the original kit seat, the one on the right I modified to replicate the actual 1963 lightweight seat.    

Lightweight Interior (1280x720).jpg

Lightweight Seats.jpg

• 1 month later...

All the Galaxie 500 XL's came with bucket seats but they weren't the lightweight Bostrom seats, the XL also have center console.
The 427 was on the option list from mid year 1963 on all Galaxies as Q and R-code (Q 1X4bbl 410 hp and R 2X4 bbl 425 hp), not just the Lightweights, before that the top high performance option was the B and G-code 406 (B 1X4bbl 385 hp and G 3X2 bbl 405 hp).