Model Cars Magazine Forum

W-409's USA Trip 2016 Pictures

In October we took a flight to Los Angeles to visit Pomona Swap Meet. Of course, there is lots of stuff to see so the Swap Meet wasn't the only place or event where we visited. In 2015 we were in the same place watching NHRA Finals, so some of the places were already visited earlier but then we also included some new places on our schedule. I took lots of pics during the trip so maybe some of you might enjoy seeing them...

So on Thursday evening our flight arrived to LAX Airport. We drove to our hotel at Huntington Beach, but it was already pretty late so nothing special was done that evening... On Friday morning though we went watching NMCA West Coast World Finals at Fontana Raceway. It was a great day with a Test & Tune session first and then Qualifying. There were lots of interesting cars on the strip and the day was over way too fast. Unfortunately we were unable to come back on Saturday and Sunday as we had other things planned for those days...There just wasn't time for everything.

Here's a link to full picture gallery: NMCA West Coast World Finals, Fontana, CA

And here are a couple of teaser shots...

DSCN5809.JPG?img=img1280

This Fairlane was running Outlaw 8.5. That was a wild class as cars were running with small tires and stock front and rear suspension with no wheelie bars. Many guys had some traction issues, but then again other ones had trouble with wheelstands... This Fairlane did a huge wheelstand on that run, just about next to the tree, rear bumper hit the ground and all four wheels were up in the air. When all four tires were on the ground again, the driver had already floored it again...

DSCN5910.JPG?img=img1280

More pics are behind that link above...Pics from other events will be posted in the near future....

• 1 month later...

Bummer, looks like I forgot I had posted these pics in here.

Vinay: Yep, we were in NHRA Finals in 2015. It was a great trip, for me it was the first time when I got to see an NHRA event, something that I had always been dreaming of. I was there with our Drag Race Team (which means my dad) and he was really excited too, the last time he had been in NHRA event was in 1990.

Thanks guys, here are some more pics...

After the day at Fontana Drags, we headed to Burbank to a Cruise Night at Bob's Big Boy. Lots of cool cars were there and I shot a bunch of pics, but as it was a bit dark all of them are not exactly sharp.

Here's a link to the picture gallery: Bob's Big Boy Broiler Cruise Night.

DSCN6054.JPG?img=img1280