Model Cars Magazine Forum

29 roadster with a twist, trim?

exesivefire

One of my favorite shows each year is the buckeye classic in the spring, one of my favorite parts is the "buckeye challenge" where we all must start with the same kit. Last year Eric won with his amazing Cuda and picked the revell 29 roadster for us to all have a little fun with. This build will hopefully be my entry for this upcoming show.

Starred with what we see here, you know I can't just build this out of the box right? 

ABE797DA-90A0-42CB-930D-3D8FA9D40BAA_zps

You can probably get an idea where I'm going with this, but I'm guessing this next picture will help. 

F7168DA6-69DF-4894-956B-ACAD4B8BBE3A_zps

The idea is a little pickup type roadster, I originally planned on using the back of the tweedy pie body. After cutting everything up I quickly realized I'd be better off reconstructing the back of the body myself. 

9CE34AB5-A789-4E2E-881A-489C6B048823_zps

Roughed out and time to head off to thanksgiving dinner..

83372C6E-6AAB-422D-8D21-3977A70BDA6C_zps

Edited by exesivefire

That works really well, one of those 'why didn't I think of that' type models, simple idea but it looks great !   Love those wheels n tyres, where are they from ??

right now it's mocked up with the 29 kit tires and wheels. 

Definitely cool project. What color are you planning?

either brown or a mint color.. 

Progress was made today! It's been a while since I could say that. 

Started by cutting out 4 pieces out of .040 sheet. 

Laminated two together x 2 to make a pair of matching rails .080 (2 inches in 25th) thick. I like to weigh those things down so they don't warp while the solvent is drying.

Starting at the back and working forward, made a matching pair of cross members for the rear.

Progress check 

This is really grabbing me! Love the rear crossmembers and the wheel choice is spot on!

thank you! Rarely does what's in my head come out into the real world, but so far this is an exception. 

Playing with ride height. Had to bring it up a little to actually be able to drive.