Model Cars Magazine Forum

29 roadster with a twist, trim?

exesivefire

Andy, really like where this is going!!!!!!! Love the wheel choice and I think the tires look at home on it. Always liked the narrow tires on a traditional type build.  I know this isn't a full traditional build with the modern cross members and such but this is really starting to take shape!!!!!!!!!! Have you thought of color yet??? Just curious to what it'll look like when done. What power plant ya thinking on??

Andy, really like where this is going!!!!!!! Love the wheel choice and I think the tires look at home on it. Always liked the narrow tires on a traditional type build.  I know this isn't a full traditional build with the modern cross members and such but this is really starting to take shape!!!!!!!!!! Have you thought of color yet??? Just curious to what it'll look like when done. What power plant ya thinking on??

yeah I'm thinking traditional meets modern. 

Im leaning towards doing a 302 ford with individual throttle bodies.

as for color, maybe brown or mint 

How did you do the rear cross members? The first ones.

Frame is looking good.

started as a drawing in illustrator, scored on the scrapbook cutter then finish cut and cleaned up. The first ones were done the same way. Just not as well

IMG_0292.JPG

Edited by exesivefire

Stated today by trimming up the front of the frame rails to shorten this up a tad, I'm probably going to put the spring behind the axle and that would have ended up pushing the front out to far. I mocked it all back up to start figuring out the front cross-member. 

Then I got distracted by this gas tank I made for a different project and ended up not using..

Then I just went mad.. why would I do this?? 

And this...

Super scary but super happy with the result. 

And where I left off for the night