Model Cars Magazine Forum

F100 Custom - The Green Machine

Finished!! Inspired by old photos of the Oakland Roadster Show.

Started with the MPC Double Flip Ford Pickup kit which seemed a sad bit of gear, but supplied a lot of good bits for other models. Cab has been cut every which way including increasing the tumblehome on the roof. I was too enthusiastic with the sectioning & couldn't get the wheels under the standard guards so I grafted in a pair of early Chev fenders. The rear bed & fenders also came from the Chev although they have been widened a little!

Wheels are from a $10 toy from the local supermarket. Nose was the suggestion of Gatorincebu thanks. Using this forum is well & truly worth it.

Thanks

Brian

Brian,  

First off. I will say that you really nailed the theme of the roadster show. Albeit a much more modern version.

And that you for mentioning my idea of using the 58 Chevy nose clip. Or part of it ! lol Sometimes it is easier to see what to do on another persons projects Than it is on your own.

I am happy that you liked my idea and used it. The end result is awesome.

Be  Well

Gator

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Dude! That is nutso bananas! I love it!

I really enjoy the various customizations and how they all flow together. Also great flow on the re-shaped grille, nose, and fenders.

I dig the bed rails, especially how they terminate at the cab rather than curving back down to bed, helps keep the "speed" in the truck.

The toy wheels are perfect for that "oversized HotWheels" appearance.

Way cool.

• 2 months later...