Model Cars Magazine Forum

Which resin 4 door kit would you buy out of these choices. Polara, Cherokee, or LTD LX Fairmont

Which resin 4 door kit would you buy? Polara, Cherokee, or LTD LX Fairmont.   

119 members have voted

1. 1. Which resin kit would you (actually pay money to right now) buy if it were available?

• 1971 Dodge Polara
    • 1984 Jeep Cherokee
    • Ford LTD LX with parts to make a Ford Fairmount

Which resin 4 door body would you buy (actually pay money to right now) out of these three, if it were available?

Not really like to have, or really like to see, but actually pay money to buy.

$25

1971 Dodge Polara

1984 Jeep Cherokee

Ford LTD LX and Fairmont 2 in 1 

1/25th scale full body with separate bumpers, grilles, lights. High quality castings. No interior or chassis like the Jimmy Flintstone cars. If sales are steady, interior and chassis parts will follow (like the Aluma Coupe and Chezoom kits). 

Thank you you for reading. 

Here's the deal... they are all great subjects. I would be hard pressed to buy them just as a body, with no game plan to have the entire car.. whether it be a complete resin kit or a trans kit  to fit on a specific chassis.  If you said  we "may" offer the interior, glass and chassis at a later date, I'd just wait.  

Here's the deal... they are all great subjects. I would be hard pressed to buy them just as a body, with no game plan to have the entire car.. whether it be a complete resin kit or a trans kit  to fit on a specific chassis.  If you said  we "may" offer the interior, glass and chassis at a later date, I'd just wait.  

I agree with Tom. Body only really limits what a majority of modelers would be willing/capable of doing. I have started a couple resin kits that are trans kits, and even with the glass and parts supplied from donor kits, plenty of work is required to get it all together and looking presentable. 

Subject wise, I think I agree, all three are interesting. Right now, which would I buy - the LTD/Fairmont, then the Polara, and Jeep last. I would not, however, at this point in my life, buy a "body only" of any them unless they had donor kits available or, at the least, formed glass and interior.

I definitely agree with Tom also. I would really like to see a full size Mopar made, but , the available mass produced Chargers, Challengers, etc. would be of only limited help in completing a body only model. So I would also wait until a full model became available.

What Tom said.

Why not do 4 door's from regular kit's that are out. such as the 66-70 Impala's ,70 Pontiac Bonneville ( 4 door & wagons) even 61-66 ford galaxy 4-door & wagons This way you supply the body and it's based on actual kit's that would have all the parts to complete a car. How about 4 dr 57-59 Ford, 57-64 Mopars, 58-70 chevy's

Why not do 4 door's from regular kit's that are out. such as the 66-70 Impala's ,70 Pontiac Bonneville ( 4 door & wagons) even 61-66 ford galaxy 4-door & wagons This way you supply the body and it's based on actual kit's that would have all the parts to complete a car. How about 4 dr 57-59 Ford, 57-64 Mopars, 58-70 chevy's

Because I do the models in CAD and 3D print them. It's not cost effective to scan an existing body into a 3D model. I want to eventually do low volume injection molding and the CAD model is the only way to do it these days. I want to eventually retire from resin casting due to the labor involved. Low run injection molding is a lot more time efficient. Let the younger guys do the resin, I want to try something not many people have done  

I'll still do a few limited run conversions here and there for myself. Right now I'm researching a 72 coronet and satellite 4dr for the 77 Monaco 

Edited by robertburns

I would gladly buy almost any quality  70-76 C-body Plymouth or Dodge full kit. It would need a chassis, interior and glass for it to work for me. I just don't have the means to source the parts for a body-only kit.

1970 Ford LTD Galaxie should fit with a scale 1/2" move on the chassis axle. The interior probably fits too. I'll check when the body is done. 

They're both fox chassis cars. The fenders/hood/nose are different, along w/ the back of the quarters/trunk. At least on the 4 door cars. I have never seen the two cars together in person to compare.

The 2 door cars though, are a whole different story. There was a "box top" Fairmont, and a Fairmont Futura. There was no 2 door fox chassis LTD

They're both fox chassis cars. The fenders/hood/nose are different, along w/ the back of the quarters/trunk. At least on the 4 door cars. I have never seen the two cars together in person to compare.

The 2 door cars though, are a whole different story. There was a "box top" Fairmont, and a Fairmont Futura. There was no 2 door fox chassis LTD

the kit would come with both fronts and rears to make either car

I think "I'd love to see" doesn't necessarily mean you'd buy one

Totally would. Probably a couple of em. I could cram the Revell 90 LX chassis/suspension under it (with a little lengthining) and build in several configurations. 

Here's the LTD/Fairmont Futura Mashup I was referring to.