Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ford LN 9000 Dump Truck

Thanks for the info on the LTL source jacobus. It does show it available on P&P site. I am sure Plaskit has a winner with the L 9000, hopefully, it is in stock and readily available. Lot of us newer members are not familiar with all the conversions out there. Any luck with obtaining one from Plaskit steel tiger?

i am sorry for this

i think that i had luck , about 6 week,s ago i send a email to P&P and get a answer

i mail that i want the mack CL700 and get a message for paying by paypal ,later get a email he was shipping

so i was lucky to get this transkit

perhaps ben wicker have a soluttion?

lets hope that it come,s good

and for every one

a merry cristmas and a healty 2017

and happy modelling

jacobus

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Any luck with obtaining one from Plaskit steel tiger?

Or did anyone have any success purchasing one from Plaskit recently?  Is the L 9000 conversion  readily available for purchase on an up and running site, or is it a private email or phone call deal only?

Edited by leafsprings

• 1 year later...

Still hunting for the hood. Plaskit has a facebook and I have messaged him there but no replies at all.

Also does anyone know where I can find the fuel tanks in the pictures? I have been looking and so far no joy.

I have most of what I need to start this but the hood and fuel tanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Is anyone good at extrapolating Dimension from the above photos? I suck at it. I need some ballpark dimensions on the dump box so I can start figuring up what materials I have and need. She doesn't remember how long her dump box was. All she says it was huge.3

If I don't get any answers to this question, since nobody bothered to answer the one above this post, I will assume there will be no interest in me posting anything further on it.

Thanks

I didn't see your post from January 1st, but I spoke with Daniel from Plaskit at the Fulton show in November, and if I remember correctly he will be getting back into casting once his move is all set.  I'm not on Facebook, so I can't vouch for that; but did you try emailing him at plaskit_resin@yahoo.ca?  Also, email that photo to Gary Wallace at gwtrucks@yahoo.com.  I think he might have that dump box; but not sure about the tanks.

On 1/9/2019 at 4:59 PM, Jim B said:

I didn't see your post from January 1st, but I spoke with Daniel from Plaskit at the Fulton show in November, and if I remember correctly he will be getting back into casting once his move is all set.  I'm not on Facebook, so I can't vouch for that; but did you try emailing him at plaskit_resin@yahoo.ca?  Also, email that photo to Gary Wallace at gwtrucks@yahoo.com.  I think he might have that dump box; but not sure about the tanks.

Thank you I will send another email to Daniel to see if he responds this time. I will email Gary as well i am not familiar with his stuff.

Thanks

Tom

22 hours ago, DRIPTROIT 71 said:

Gary Wallace has the hood for $15 or at least he did. A.I.T.M. has a dump that is similar but a little shorter. It is a 14' bed.

The dump I'm not worried about I can scratch that. I just need to know the length of the box I can make the rest. I just don't know if its 20', 18' or what. I have also come up with an extra cab and hood yesterday so I think I can make the hood if I can't find one. The kit I found also has round fuel tanks so I maybe able to use those as a starting point for the ones in the picture above if all else fails.

Thanks

Tom