Model Cars Magazine Forum

GSL-XXVI Schedule Of Events

Gregg

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Sadly after reading the updated news-rule I had to cancel my registration.  Apparently my dogs did nothing wrong, it was another dog that did that. Although one of my dog did the same... At least after two year, and few weeks before the show I know about it... Funny part nobody say anything about the kids that were touching-grabbing models.  The good news is that there is a room now! When I reserved it was the last one. So if you don't have one hurry up! :)

Mark sent this out today:

The International Model Car Builders' Museum is honored to announce that famed custom car builder and one-time Monogram Models, Inc. Custom Car Consultant Darryl Starbird and his wife Donna, will be attending the Championship. 

Darryl will be presenting a seminar Thursday night (April 27) on his experiences with Monogram, which issued models of the cars that he built both for the model company and for himself:  Big T, Big Deuce, Predicta, Ultra Truck (renamed Orange Hauler in kit form) and other vehicles.

Darryl will be interviewed by Mark S. Gustavson who, years ago interviewed Ed "Big Daddy" Roth and Budd "The Kat" Anderson. Video and transcriptions of those interviews are archived in the International Model Car Builders' Museum.

The GSL News page will be updated this weekend to provide full details concerning the Starbirds at GSL.  

Also note that The Predicta Project will present a seminar on Friday morning at GSL-XXVI.

All persons, including the media, interested in more information on the Starbird's attendance at GSL-XXVI are asked to contact Mark S. Gustavson at msgsl@xmission.com with "Starbird" in the subject line.

Sadly after reading the updated news-rule I had to cancel my registration.  Apparently my dogs did nothing wrong, it was another dog that did that....

Are you sure you can't do without the dogs in the big room? (I never saw any in there, and have no idea what that's all about)

Your debut was fabulous, it would be great to see you return!

Are you sure you can't do without the dogs in the big room? (I never saw any in there, and have no idea what that's all about)

Your debut was fabulous, it would be great to see you return!

Hey Russell, I grew up having dogs, so I know where they can or cannot go. In fact before taking the dogs inside the contest room I ask, and I toke them inside the contest room twice (Thursday and Saturday)
The thing that I did not like, Is how and when thing got said. To me “a big problem” need to be discuss immediately. Not learn about it two years later, and funny, 10 days later I registered.

Since you asked and did not know what happened. Apparently the rule was added because a large dog (not mine) put his paws on the table.

While we were talking with a staff member across the table, my Golden Retriever did the same thing, but promptly recalled and pulled by my wife. This happened on Thursday evening and on that stretch of tables there was not models yet.

This is why I cancel my registration, I cannot wait 2019 to learn something that my dog did this year...

I need also to thank all the people that contacted and supported me via messages and emails. :)

• 2 weeks later...