Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell Sunseeker Predator 108ft 1/72

I wasn't sure wether to post this build, but obviously decided to do so haha.
This model is also a review model for the Dutch IPMS and will be basically boxstock. But I will go a different route with the paintjob.

The new boxart from RoG; looks nice and what is weird, is that the Yacht is not longer called the Sunseeker Predator, but nameless Yacht 108ft

First I got together is the hull, which does fits nice, but needed some persuation

It also needed tape to stay in place and get the shape right

And a few clothespins

This is the part for the upper structure, according to the plans, all are to be painted seperately and the parts don't get assembled together at once, but in several parts of the instructions.

Therefore I started to dryfit and tried to see if there is a different way to get the things done

And it is possible for the cabin to be put together as a whole piece, which meant that the cabin can also be painted in one piece. Win...!

And the preparations began...

There are a couple of marks where the plastic is too thick and shrunk because of that

And finally time for the first coat of color!

The second color, which was Zero gloss black, but I had a hard time to get it properly covered. I found later that Vallejo acrylic did a much better job.

And the third and last color...

After I got all the tape off, I got this sinister looking yacht, exactly how I wanted and matched my Challenger paintjob very well. More soon!

• 2 weeks later...

Time for a big update, I've been working on my resin mostly lately, but it was also time to finish the Predator. I think the deadline is the end of the year.

I must say that this kit goes together very nicely, even though there is not a whole lot of parts, much can be done with additional detailling (which I didn't, since it is a review).