Model Cars Magazine Forum

DM600 Steel Nose

So I'm gonna pick up a MPC reissue of the DM600, but I want to make it a steel nose (to imitate a DM800 which I absolutely cannot afford) and I was curious if someone makes a conversion set to take a normal DM600 to a steel nose like this;

1__29804.1427558519.1280.1280.JPG?c=2

and if so, who. 
I'm also curious as to what the mechanical differences (if any) there were between the steel and normal hoods (engines, transmissions, etc.) that I'd have to compensate for.

Thanks.

It was pointed out when.I purchased mine from gary , the need to add a thin strip of styrene alone the edge of the grill she'll due to some resin shrinkage. he said it was minimal, adding .015 "would be good. mine didn't need the addition , but a few did.

The parts are beautifully cast and really makes the truck look more aggressive 

Jeff

Edited by gotnitro?

It was pointed out when.I purchased mine from gary , the need to add a thin strip of styrene alone the edge of the grill she'll due to some resin shrinkage. he said it was minimal, adding .015 "would be good. mine didn't need the addition , but a few did.

Jeff

as in along the left and right side of the grille? 
Dennis, how long did it take you to get your parts in from Gary? 

• 4 weeks later...

Jeff

Now that I have modeling money again and I'm gonna be building this one over the year, I think I'm gonna order one of these kits. I just can't see how they go together by looking at the parts. Is there a set of instructions or anything to help with assembly that comes with it?

• 1 month later...

So I'm gonna pick up a MPC reissue of the DM600, but I want to make it a steel nose (to imitate a DM800 which I absolutely cannot afford) and I was curious if someone makes a conversion set to take a normal DM600 to a steel nose like this;

1__29804.1427558519.1280.1280.JPG?c=2

and if so, who. 
I'm also curious as to what the mechanical differences (if any) there were between the steel and normal hoods (engines, transmissions, etc.) that I'd have to compensate for.

Thanks.

Here is a DM 600 with steel hood.

dm_steel_hood_5014.jpg

• 6 years later...