Model Cars Magazine Forum

1931 Model A Show Gasser

Marc Weller

Glue baby glue !!!

lol - yeah, my kit is putting up a good fight.  I want to have opening doors, but a little dab of CA glue is tempting!  Might be worth it just to avoid the frustration.

Seems like there is a good reason why you don't see many of these with functioning doors and hood.

Again - good work on your build.  Thanks for the inspiration to finish my stuff.

Really nice work! Excellent paint job and a perfect color combination too. I especially like that white interior upholstery, and your engine detailing looks really good too. Nice work!

The only problem with it is that it's not actually a Gasser. You'd need to install a rear bumper, headlights, passenger seat and a hood to make it legal.

Otherwise really nice work and it looks period correct, which is always a good thing.B)

Really nice work! Excellent paint job and a perfect color combination too. I especially like that white interior upholstery, and your engine detailing looks really good too. Nice work!

The only problem with it is that it's not actually a Gasser. You'd need to install a rear bumper, headlights, passenger seat and a hood to make it legal.

Otherwise really nice work and it looks period correct, which is always a good thing.B)

What was I thinking !!!! Probably C/A with that 283. Glad I didn't put any class stickers on yet.

Beautiful model.  I just missed buying the real deal for only $900.  Yep, that's right $900!  I'm sick to my stomach that I missed the deal. It was in my local paper, I dialed the number immediately and the guy answered and said he's filling out the paperwork to complete the sale.  Darn it!  I was that CLOSE to owning a 1930 Ford Sedan for REAL!  The real car.  One that I could have actually driven on the road!  $900.   No zeroes missing there!  Less than a grand!  I'm sick to my stomach that I missed that deal.

Of course to be fair, it was a "project car" and no doubt needed a lot of work.  But still, I would have bought just the body alone for $900, and this was a COMPLETE CAR!  With engine, tranny, chassis, wheels, and body! 

I'm sick to my stomach. I'll probably never see another one like it for less than $9000.

But yeah, love the model. You did a great job!

• 2 years later...
On 12/1/2016 at 11:49 AM, Marc Weller said:

This one has been over in "On The Workbench" for awhile, now it's done. 

Love this thing. Can you fill us in on some details? Especially the paint color, wheel/tire combo etc?

Edit- found the buildup thread. Apparently I liked it while you were building it too :lol:

For anyone interested, here's the buildup thread...

Edited by Mr. Metallic