Model Cars Magazine Forum

Finished this one up last week. Body was already painted and chassis partially assembled. Kit was missing  some parts. But still enough to have a half decent looking model.  Painted the hood flat black did not know what colour was used got the body. Painted all the body trim  tail light grill and BMF on windows. 

Photobucket is messed up getting worse by the minute. Will try to get all the pictures  posted. 

image_zpsmgc0wkee.jpg

image_zpsgwvyadzm.jpg

Edited by Scalper

Are you saying that there is a difference between the AMT/ERTL kit and the ERTL Kit? Just asking as I do not know. 

No that's the same kit. A bit simple, from the era of before Ertl owned AMT and did a few kits on their own.  There are a few other versions including one with door openings. I have one 3/4 done.  I added a bench seat to mine, using photos of a 1:1.  I also felt compelled to add some detail items under the hood since it's pretty empty in there.

No that's the same kit. A bit simple, from the era of before Ertl owned AMT and did a few kits on their own.  There are a few other versions including one with door openings. I have one 3/4 done.  I added a bench seat to mine, using photos of a 1:1.  I also felt compelled to add some detail items under the hood since it's pretty empty in there.

Thanks Tom for the answer. As nice as the Tractors and Semi's that ERTL put out I was thinking this somewhat simple kit was AMT's work from the 80's.