Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell Mercedes AMG GT Unboxing

Tompidom

Tom, I've seen some of your builds on your YouTube channel and they're really nice. I see that your videos feature mostly box stock builds.  Do you do more detailed builds (i e, cut open doors, plum the engine, detail the chassis)?? Also, do you compete in any contests?

Ep

I just snagged one off Ebay this morning,so i'm looking forward to your build/review.

Just bought one myself after seeing the video too. Looks like a really nicely engineered kit. 

Plamoz is doing two sets of wheels for this one, both sets should be out in January

I didnt see that Plamoz was doing wheels for this. That's great news, they have such nice products. Now I have to go search and find the post I missed on the wheels for this kit.

David

Just bought one myself after seeing the video too. Looks like a really nicely engineered kit. 

I didnt see that Plamoz was doing wheels for this. That's great news, they have such nice products. Now I have to go search and find the post I missed on the wheels for this kit.

David

https://www.facebook.com/plamoz/photos/a.1635044390091821.1073741831.1624226504506943/1816245811971677/?type=3&theater

Thanks Jonathan, totally forgot I read that on that list. I'll have to ask Plamoz for some test shots of the rims so I can pick a set out, not really sold on the kit wheels, would like to see their offering so I know which ones I'd like to get. Plamoz looks like they plan on being a top provider of aftermarket goodies in the future. They brought a lot of really nice items to the market in their first year, and year two looks to be big.

Thanks Jonathan, totally forgot I read that on that list. I'll have to ask Plamoz for some test shots of the rims so I can pick a set out, not really sold on the kit wheels, would like to see their offering so I know which ones I'd like to get. Plamoz looks like they plan on being a top provider of aftermarket goodies in the future. They brought a lot of really nice items to the market in their first year, and year two looks to be big.

You are welcome David,  I and I agree, Plamoz's stuff is top notch and worth every penny,  I too will be getting a set of wheels for the Merc too , same here, not too keen on the kit wheels either.

Got my kit in today. Very nicely detailed and engineered kit. Some good points, some bad, as with all kits. But alas.....again I got a brand new Revell kit with a warped chassis. That's 4 this year now. I've already put in a request for a new chassis but because its Revell Germany kit it could be 3-4 months before I see a replacement. 

I really hope someone here as an in with someone at Revell and can ask them to start yanking some chains and get these quality control issues fixed. This chassis is warped because it was put in the bag too soon and packaged before it was completely cured. My chrome tree has a pretty bad warp to it as well but it doesnt appear to have twisted any of the parts, just the chassis so far.

Oh well, another $40 bucks I can toss on the shelf...

Got my kit in today. Very nicely detailed and engineered kit. Some good points, some bad, as with all kits. But alas.....again I got a brand new Revell kit with a warped chassis. That's 4 this year now. I've already put in a request for a new chassis but because its Revell Germany kit it could be 3-4 months before I see a replacement. 

I really hope someone here as an in with someone at Revell and can ask them to start yanking some chains and get these quality control issues fixed. This chassis is warped because it was put in the bag too soon and packaged before it was completely cured. My chrome tree has a pretty bad warp to it as well but it doesnt appear to have twisted any of the parts, just the chassis so far.

Oh well, another $40 bucks I can toss on the shelf...

FYI, That is why I like to buy my Revell kits from Tower Hobbies,  I got stung not once, but twice with the VW Golf and having the wrong parts trees in the kit, Tower Hobby sent me a replacement kit and told me to keep the first kit. 

They do ship to Canada I do believe and you wont have to wait for months for Revell AG , heck, I never got a reply back from Revell AG, and this has been how long now since that kit was released?

They do ship to Canada I do believe and you wont have to wait for months for Revell AG , heck, I never got a reply back from Revell AG, and this has been how long now since that kit was released?

Revell Germany do not send replacement parts outside Europe, just like Revell USA don't send parts outside North America... Just sayin' ;)

Revell Germany do not send replacement parts outside Europe, just like Revell USA don't send parts outside North America... Just sayin' ;)

They do.  In the past I received mailings right from RoG, but last few times even though I requested the parts directly from RoG, they sent them to Revell USA and then the part (in original packaging with German labels) was then mailed from Revell USA to my address.  At least that is how things were about a year ago.

Edited by peteski

• 3 weeks later...

Tom, I've seen some of your builds on your YouTube channel and they're really nice. I see that your videos feature mostly box stock builds.  Do you do more detailed builds (i e, cut open doors, plum the engine, detail the chassis)?? Also, do you compete in any contests?

Ep

I don't really have the time to go fully insane on detailing with putting out 2 video's a week and keeping the content from getting to boring. I will do more in the future when i get some more time. I don't bother with competition's. Not my thing ;)

The kit builds up pretty nicely, the yellow plastic is a bit of a nightmare when it comes to light color paint jobs, and the wheels need to be replaced. For in the future plamoz will sort that out.

http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/topic/119429-revell-mercedes-amg-gt/