Model Cars Magazine Forum

Beatnix Bubble (a non gasser build)

James2

I started this in March as a "I wonder if" build. Then I discovered that the Ohio Challenge this year is the 29 Ford from Revell. I have not been to that show since the first one mainly because it falls on Bike Week in Daytona. But I decided to finish this for that reason and finish it because I spent far to much time and effort trying to get it right. Yesterday I just slapped it together and put it on the shelf.

I did try things out of the comfort zone and learned alot doing so, including how not to build a perfect model. But I did do some fine airbrushing and I also tried 1/25 Pinstriping which for the first time didn't turn out too bad... 

FullSizeRender%2017.jpg

FullSizeRender%2019.jpg

FullSizeRender%2021.jpg

FullSizeRender%2022.jpg

You can see the build pics here...

http://s176.photobucket.com/user/fredjames_2007/library/29 Bubbletop?sort=2&page=1

Edited by James2

Really exceptional, James. It may not seem perfect to you, but it's refreshingly original, a unique blend of the old and the new. I especially like the innovative asymmetric panel paint job. It's based on traditional show rod details but it is completely your own in its approach. The low key rolling stock also goes well with the cream and autumn colored scheme. Nice one!