Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/8th Halibrands and Kelsey Halsey wheels (by FireRods)

After receiving the 2016 RoG issue of the 1/8 '65 Stingray, I really wanted to do something about those correct, but not nice looking wheels. So I went through my stash and found some nice Kelsey Halsey wheels from the '82 Corvette. However, these wheels are too wide for the '65, so I started to modify the wheel. Both the adapter and the wheel.

When working on the lathe, I got another Idea and started working on Halibrands for the '65. I had to practice a bit, but I made a nice looking wheel IMHO and made them to fit the '65 Stingray, which meant that they are not very deep, but I made them at least a bit deep dish. I think I will make another with a deeper wheel, that will fit the '82 Corvette. But that is for later on.

I had fun working on them and I don't think they will be my last projects, I even grew enough confidence to put them on evilBay and try to sell a couple of them (They can also be found on my website: http://www.firerods.com

Let me show some pictures:

• 1 month later...