Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT 53 corvette

carro

Well, Finally done! After 2 paint jobs, bodywork, headaches and losing interest again and again i can call this one finished. 

Here is the link to rthe w.i.p.

PB300322_zpstlghghq8.jpgPB300324_zpseqd90qut.jpgPB300325_zpsjzbgzwg4.jpg

PB300326_zpslxdt5uv0.jpgPB300328_zpsfc9ust3j.jpgPB300329_zpsmvtqnmjx.jpg

PB300331_zpsgh5vab2e.jpgPB300332_zpsltkxhiow.jpgPB300333_zpsbpl6odcx.jpg

PB300334_zpsbvp0pmcr.jpgPB300335_zpsvbcly4lr.jpgPB300336_zpshqzin6eb.jpg

some chassis pics.

PB300337_zps5t12qhje.jpgPB300338_zpsusy5qbdj.jpg

Edited by carro
link

This has kind of a menacing look with the black trim and wheels. Very good chassis detail considering what the kit has to work with. The exhaust outlets look like they would burn down anyone who got to close. I like the attitude of its appearance.

Very nice! Did you do anything special with the panel lines? They look really good. I'm working on a polished white plastic '53 and I thought it looked a little plain, so I scribed out all the panel lines and ran THIN black into all of them, and then washed out most of it, and now I think they look too stark (will be hard to say for sure till it's finished). Yours look "just right."

This has kind of a menacing look with the black trim and wheels. Very good chassis detail considering what the kit has to work with. The exhaust outlets look like they would burn down anyone who got to close. I like the attitude of its appearance.

Thanks! yea at first i was planning to use tuner style exhaust pipes, but i found this 2 eyelets that went in there perfectly so i painted them and glued them in place.

Very nice! Did you do anything special with the panel lines? They look really good. I'm working on a polished white plastic '53 and I thought it looked a little plain, so I scribed out all the panel lines and ran THIN black into all of them, and then washed out most of it, and now I think they look too stark (will be hard to say for sure till it's finished). Yours look "just right."

All I did was rescribed them , the color I used its just Duplicolor gray primer with gloss over it, I think being gray really helps the panel lines look the way they do.

Rather than using thin black, add a drop or two (a little experimentation might be in order) of the black to the white you used for the body. Thin that out and apply. That way you don't get the drastic/stark contrast on the panel lines.

This also works for other light colors, such as yellow, red, etc.

Rather than using thin black, add a drop or two (a little experimentation might be in order) of the black to the white you used for the body. Thin that out and apply. That way you don't get the drastic/stark contrast on the panel lines.

This also works for other light colors, such as yellow, red, etc.

I'm just polishing the nice white plastic, there is no white paint.

I used an acrylic black very thinned with rubbing alcohol. After the wash, I went back over it with rubbing alcohol on a rag to wipe/wash a good deal of it out, and it still looks too stark (at this stage). Maybe I'll try the same thing with a medium gray and see how that looks. Or maybe after it's assembled with the chrome and tires and red interior and various things, it won't seem quite so stark.