Model Cars Magazine Forum

Scratch Built N2O

pcm1977

i researched the bottles, valves, gauges and handles at all of the nitrous / and bottles manufacturing companies web sites. found what it was i wanted to build. drew up my prints and machined all of the parts. these are 100% scratch built.......... even the bottle decals ( also for the gauges).

i researched the bottles, valves, gauges and handles at all of the nitrous / and bottles manufacturing companies web sites. found what it was i wanted to build. drew up my prints and machined all of the parts. these are 100% scratch built.......... even the bottle decals ( also for the gauges).

Dave, Do you have 1/25 gauge decals?  For the tach and the other small gauges?

Edited by crowe-t

Many years ago I made the bottle on this car out of a pillow from a van kit. I had no styrene at the time. Still, it is just a matter of gluing enough chunks of styrene together, then filing to shape. The label (not visible) was cut out of a magazine. The knob is just filed plastic. 

Hosted on Fotki

For the engine, I went with a hard line system. The lines are the wire from twisty ties that have been polished with fine cloth then polishing compound. 

Hosted on Fotki

I've used the clothes hangershopping with the indentation on the top( for a shirt with straps I presume ). Ithe will already have a rounded end and just cut it to length. Next I drill the end and glue a nail head in (a nail looks like the valve. Paint,use those slixx decals and finished