Model Cars Magazine Forum

Trunk Interior

Hey everyone. I've started a 56 Ford Victoria for contest coming up here in Oklahoma in a few months. I have found some really great stuff on the forums as always. For the first time I have cut a trunk open. What is the best way to do the interior of the trunk (i.e. the bottom and sides)? I already saw a few tips/ideas for the lip on the inside, and saw plenty of pics of the trunk interior already completed. Just need some help with the process for the inside. I'll start a wip thread for it tomorrow. Thanks in advance for the help guys.

If I understand the question, you're asking how to make the panels on the sides and floor of the trunk and have them actually fit. Correct?

There's no really easy way to do interior panels, but I've developed a system of making mockup parts from cheap cardstock first (old manila folders work well), and when I have them fitting exactly as I'd like, i remove them and trace on to sheet styrene. Cut out carefully and you have perfectly fitting interior or other parts.

Of course, to be able to do this, you have to attach your body to your chassis temporarily in exact final position, and the temporary attachment method has to be strong enough to endure handling, but be easily removable when it comes time to disassemble and paint.