Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/25th scale Futurliner

Although this isn't a subject that I'd typically build, I am happy to see it being produced and equally happy to see others are interested in it.  I see a ton of research and development going into this project, the masters that went into producing the molds must be real beauties looking at the castings that came from them.  The price reflects the amount of work that went into producing something of this magnitude!  I can see someone taking one of these bodies along with parts from a semi truck kit and building something truely amazing.  If this is typical of the resin castings that Robert Burns turns out, I can't wait to see what else lurks in his mind!

Here are some photos of my Futurliner resin body  

Its $150 plus shipping. 

Includes body, black glass, and 4 resin wheel/tires.

It's mostly geared toward the promo collector market, as opposed to model builders, so it's not very detailed. Due to the spending habits of the car crowd, costs were kept lower by not including a chassis, interior, detail exterior parts, and clear glass. 

Some minor air bubbles need to be filled. The lower door lines on both sides need to be rescribed.

With some work, it'll make a impressive model 

If interested, please email:

Robert Burns Jr101 at Yahoo dot com  

Thank you for reading  

I had tried to contact you, but no response.  Is the email Jr101 at yahoo dot com corret?

Edited by carsntrucks4you

The castings looks nice but as many here has said, a little too much for my wallet.
One thing that cought my eye...for a Futureliner to look right it should have dual tires in all 4 corners as the real thing had...8 wheels in total.

that would have driven the price up too much. It's hard to sell these at bargain prices 

The castings looks nice but as many here has said, a little too much for my wallet.
One thing that cought my eye...for a Futureliner to look right it should have dual tires in all 4 corners as the real thing had...8 wheels in total.

Robert, you could offer the option of a second set of tires for it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I gotta say. I bought one of these and the finish on the raw casting is so nice and smooth it will almost be a shame to paint it. It is as good as or better than the old Monogram kits where they polished the molds and the parts were ultra shiny. I can't say enough about how nice this piece is and well worth the price. I know how much RTV costs having done some casting of my own and the amount of RTV to make a mold for this must have been hundreds of dollars worth. And the mold must weigh a ton.

Sugggestion for next project....the predecessor to this. the Streamliner.