Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/25th scale Futurliner

Here are some photos of my Futurliner resin body  

Its $150 plus shipping. 

Includes body, black glass, and 4 resin wheel/tires.

It's mostly geared toward the promo collector market, as opposed to model builders, so it's not very detailed. Due to the spending habits of the car crowd, costs were kept lower by not including a chassis, interior, detail exterior parts, and clear glass. 

Some minor air bubbles need to be filled. The lower door lines on both sides need to be rescribed.

With some work, it'll make a impressive model 

If interested, please email:

Robert Burns Jr101 at Yahoo dot com  

Thank you for reading  

IMG_5746.JPG

IMG_5748.JPG

IMG_5747.JPG

IMG_5754.JPG

Looks awesome, hell lot of money though

I don't think so, especially considering the time involved to create it. Even for "just" a body, it seems like a very good value for a rare, obscure subject that nobody is likely to ever make again.

I don't think so, especially considering the time involved to create it. Even for "just" a body, it seems like a very good value for a rare, obscure subject that nobody is likely to ever make again.

I understand that, but in my own opinion; I think it is a lot of money, but I also agree that related to all that work and just the sheer size, it is not bad at all.

I am going to have to think about this. I want one , But at $150 is going to make me think about it, maybe  after the 1st of the year

I assume there is  no lettering for the sides or the nose included ?

Anyone have any ideas or thought to replicate the lettering on the nose or the sides , I'm all ears.

Edited by gtx6970

I understand that, but in my own opinion; I think it is a lot of money, but I also agree that related to all that work and just the sheer size, it is not bad at all.

I understand that it might seem like a lot but, think of it like this:

6 kits at retail prices, 10 kits at good prices, or 15 kits at deal prices cost the same as this. 

How many kits in an average builders collection repeats? How many kits will one never get to build before he kicks the bucket? 

If you take out the average kits out of a collection, one will have more cash and time for more expensive kits like resin or 1/12 scale

If you add up all the unbuilt kits in your stash, how much is it worth? Probably more than you thought, in the thousands

I am going to have to think about this. I want one , But at $150 is going to make me think about it, maybe  after the 1st of the year

I assume there is  no lettering for the sides or the nose included ?

Anyone have any ideas or thought to replicate the lettering on the nose or the sides , I'm all ears.

yes, no letters due to GM trademarks. You could laser cut or 3D print the letters. I might be able to send you the files if you remiss not to share them

I understand that it might seem like a lot but, think of it like this:

6 kits at retail prices, 10 kits at good prices, or 15 kits at deal prices cost the same as this. 

How many kits in an average builders collection repeats? How many kits will one never get to build before he kicks the bucket? 

If you take out the average kits out of a collection, one will have more cash and time for more expensive kits like resin or 1/12 scale

If you add up all the unbuilt kits in your stash, how much is it worth? Probably more than you thought, in the thousands

Don't get me wrong; it wasn't meant to demean this casting or offer. Not at all!

150 bucks is just a lot of money, I have to feed a family of four for two weeks for that, so the amount of money is relative.

But I also know that it is worth it, I have seen a 1/25th resin Futureliner on a modelshow in Europe and I know it is big.

Just out of curiosity; how much would shipping be to The Netherlands?

Any chance of some pics of it in  raw unpainted  resin.

Any ideas how to replicate at least the drivers cockpit area so one could be done with clear glass. The black glass turns me off

I assume there is no chassis so to speak. Wheels just mount of the sides of the body as pictured ?

Been thinking about this all morning, but no way can I spend anymore till after the holidays ( ebay  was brutal on my toy fund this weekend )

Don't get me wrong; it wasn't meant to demean this casting or offer. Not at all!

150 bucks is just a lot of money, I have to feed a family of four for two weeks for that, so the amount of money is relative.

But I also know that it is worth it, I have seen a 1/25th resin Futureliner on a modelshow in Europe and I know it is big.

Just out of curiosity; how much would shipping be to The Netherlands?

I understand, I didn't take it as anything. For shipping, I ask for a $50 deposit and refund the difference/over charges after I ship it. Thanks.

Are there any popular forums in the Netherlands I can post this in?

Thank you

Any chance of some pics of it in  raw unpainted  resin.

Any ideas how to replicate at least the drivers cockpit area so one could be done with clear glass. The black glass turns me off

I assume there is no chassis so to speak. Wheels just mount of the sides of the body as pictured ?

Been thinking about this all morning, but no way can I spend anymore till after the holidays ( ebay  was brutal on my toy fund this weekend )

All the pics are unpainted resin. Correct, the wheels mount to the side of the body. If you want to go accurate, simply grind out the wheel mounts and add duallies on the front and rear. Yes, no chassis.

I can post photos and measurements of the interior tub if you want to scratchbuild it. I can also post it on Shapeways and you can order a 3d printing. Thank you for your questions