Model Cars Magazine Forum

Finished my new hobby room (almost)

I'm in the same boat of building a 1:1 work area. The cabinets look awesome. I agree with there being some ideas to steal. The enclosed compressor may be a good sound deadener. I'm also interested in how well your spray booth works.

The enclosed compressor may be a good sound deadener. I'm also interested in how well your spray booth works.

Thanks, Mike

That was my intention with the compressor. Unfortunately, the bottom of the cabinet acts as a resonator, and makes it louder. If I did it over again, I would fill the space under the cabinet solid to the floor, or at least add some stiffeners to the cabinet bottom. It's still quiet enough, but it could be better.

I am also interested to see how well my spray booth works!:D It seems OK, but I haven't painted anything yet.

Thank you Johann!

Man, that is some nice craftsmanship. You should build hobby rooms as a sideline!

One question: You say you live in a one-bedroom apartment, with a garage - on a farm?

And how did you get the OK from your landlord? Must be a nice guy.

Thanks, Chris. I guess that is confusing. I live on the family farm. It's been in the family for over 100 years. I have a building here that is the workshop for my business.

At one point I put a large addition on the workshop building, intending to expand, but the expansion did not happen. When I got divorced, I created an apartment in that addition, with the rest used as lumber storage and a garage.

My landlord is my cousin, and he is a nice guy.:)

P. S. I will gladly build a hobby room for anyone that will pay me!:lol: