Model Cars Magazine Forum

Auto ID #304 Finished

It seems I can't count when sleepy. 300 does not come after 229. More likely I typed "2300" and my stupid laggy computer deleted the 2 instead of one of the 0s. Anyway, as it appears to have gone uncommented on or unnoticed so far, welcome to Auto ID #304.

1996 -1998 Suzuki Cervo C (for "Classic") or Maruti Zen Classic 1996 - 2003. (exact Indian date is hard to find. Definitely as early as 1999. Examples for sale are usually listed as 1996-2003.) The actual example shown is the Zen.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suzuki_Cervo

234-vi.jpg

Edited by otherunicorn

Suzuki Cuervo C? Even now I know what it is, it's still difficult to find! I'd assumed it was the work of a third party operator like Mitsuoka or somebody rather than a factory model. Even so, I spent time looking at Suzuki and still didn't find it. Must try harder.

Well done Ken, an excellent subject.

Dave

I'm proud!!!

But it was a lucky shot. I meant to see a older type Suzuki Alto (as we call it here) and added loads of words regarding the front end... 

To be totally honest: my estimated production years were very close to correct, but not exactly...

Still, even now it is hard to find...

Next!

Well I've tried searching again since you published the answer, and it seems that if you don't include "Cerva C" or "Zen Classic" in your search terms, you would have to be very lucky to find it. It does appear in a couple of " ugliest car" lists, but even that didn't work for me. As a matter of interest, I thought that most of the "ugly cars" (apart from the Aztek) were pretty cool!

Well I've tried searching again since you published the answer, and it seems that if you don't include "Cerva C" or "Zen Classic" in your search terms, you would have to be very lucky to find it. It does appear in a couple of " ugliest car" lists, but even that didn't work for me. As a matter of interest, I thought that most of the "ugly cars" (apart from the Aztek) were pretty cool!

I worked on a electronic advertising brochure (distributed on a floppy disk) for the Aztec. What an ugly beast it was.