[[Template core/front/global/utilitiesMenu does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
  • Announcements

• Dave Ambrose

General Usage   05/10/2017

If someone is acting badly, either in a forum or a private message, please report it. There are conveniently located buttons for sending the post to the moderators. 
KJ790

Brockway 758

While waiting for paint to dry on the Cascadia, I decided to start on a Brockway 758. I got the cab conversion from AITM. I am using a Diamond Reo kit for the chassis and an engine from the Freightliner DD cabover kit. So far I have added a recess to the firewall to fit the cummins engine, shortened the frame, and used a piece of tubing to replicate a tag axle. I am using a metal steerable front axle from KFS.

Great choice Kurt ! The 358 is one of my favorites , have you chosen the paint yet

I just picked up the 361 ! Looks like we're bringing the Husky back to NY !!

Excellent work. Great use of the tag axle on the tandem. Very accurate and correct, and often overlooked detail. 

Added brake detail, most of the plumbing, and started working on the wheels.

Looks nice, Kurt. 

I need to add a Brockway to my connection none of these days.  Just seems like the right thing to do living in CNY.

Very nice!! I like the tag axle idea. I'm planning a little different tag set up on the Highbinder that I hope to build next year.

I love these subjects you guys bring out.....These things look so cool.....I don't have anything like these old rigs in my collection, but I sure like the ones y'all bring to life....Very nice.....I'll be watching this one, for sure.....

Looks fantastic !  

Those spokes your designed fit perfectly on this truck too! very classy for a classic truck

Kurt are you looking at opening up the hood? I know the resin is pretty thick on the hood but could be thinned. 

Thanks guys! I am planning on leaving this one as a curbside. It will have an engine, but the hood won't open.

Yeah, that is a great color for a frame.....Very nice....Can't wait to see what color you use on the cab.....

And this "curbside" has more plumbing than anything I've ever built...... :D LOL !!!!  I'm lovin' it......

Edited by kilrathy10

Kurt,

The chassis looks good. I like that color !

Be Well

Gator