Model Cars Magazine Forum

Photobucket issues

crazyjim

I can't upload pics to Photobucket.  It was working fine a couple weeks ago, but now it stopped.  Instead of the normal upload, create new album deal, I can only add pics to my bucket.  That's not where I want them.  Email to PB and they reply it's a known problem and they're working on it.  No indication when it might be repaired.  Might be time to find a new photo hosting place.  Question is, which one is very user friendly?

There have been problem with Pbucket off and on for the last month or six weeks. Yesterday I wanted to post an already-uploaded pic here and it took me 10 or 15 minutes to get to it and copy the link.

Stuff happens, and remember, photobucket is free and worth every penny.

I've pretty much stopped using Photobucket.

I got tired of all of the issues as well.

Lately I've been using Fotki & it works so much better.

No adds to deal with & it's quick.

It got to the point that every time I wanted to do something on Photobucket, I was wasting another 20 minutes of my life!

Steve

I've pretty much stopped using Photobucket.

I got tired of all of the issues as well.

Lately I've been using Fotki & it works so much better.

No adds to deal with & it's quick.

It got to the point that every time I wanted to do something on Photobucket, I was wasting another 20 minutes of my life!

Steve

Same here.  I haven't used Photobucket in nearly a month, and don't miss it honestly.  I've started using Fotki since then and love it so far.

I've had it with PB also, it gets old.

QUESTION:  Fotki guys,  could you please offer a short description of how to show pics from Fotki to this forum?

I've made 2 folders, no problems.  Just rather than experimenting, could anyone offer insight to posting pics here?

Thanks.

PB is OK now.

I was having issues since my recent Firefox update.  I wasn't able to log in here to the forum either.

So, I restarted Firefox in safe mode, without any addons, and all is good now.

Firefox restart, PB is quick and responsive, the log in here is normal.  The usual addons were renewed, things are smooth again.

Haven't had a Firefox problem yet, but glad all is well now.

Edited by 10thumbs

Bucket gave me fits again today. Must have taken me 20 minutes to upload two stupid pics, but it did EVENTUALLY work.

I''m still unable to create a new album/folder.  It's a known PB problem for many users but they don't know when or if the problem will ever be corrected.  So I'm thinking about going to fotki.

I wonder what the problem is. Just now, I opened P-bucket, started a new album and uploaded this photo. About 2 minutes total.

DSCN5266_zpshnde066p.jpg

Hmmmm. Just to make sure, I went back and uploaded three more.

Edited by Ace-Garageguy

I''m still unable to create a new album/folder.  It's a known PB problem for many users but they don't know when or if the problem will ever be corrected.  So I'm thinking about going to fotki.

Jim, these are exactly the points that make PB a pita.  Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

Yesterday I made a 2nd Fotki folder, it went easily and quickly.  Plus posting the pics on a forum is a dream.  Right click the pic, copy and paste.  The upload was quicker than PB, the pics are easier to post.  I like it. 

This is however the 'free version'.  I'd still like the possibility of sub-folders, but its not that important to me.  The thing should work, and I have success so far.

Their core operation seems to be hit or miss, but the spam end of their business is doing just fine. It's a rare day I don't get two or three emails from them trying to sell me various junk with my pictures on it. I'm afraid to mark them as spam or block them because I'm afraid I'll miss some important actual news from them, like, get all your pictures off because we're closing down in 10 days, or something like that.