Model Cars Magazine Forum

"Display" disc brake - which kit(s)?

The original annual AMT '63-'65 Corvette roadster kits had a two-piece "display" drum brake. So did the AMT '64 Merc Marauder, reissued a few years ago.

Disk brake? I think some of the Revell "California wheels" kits have separate disk brakes, but they're modern-era big.

Not long ago I made some disk brakes for a project out of some junk-drawer washer and some scrap plastic.

Edited by Snake45

Well, I've scoured all my parts boxes to no avail - I'm going to put a post up in the "Wanted" section.

I even pulled out the instruction sheet from the AMT '63 Galaxie. Interestingly, it shows some other custom display parts, but not the disc brake.

I looked up the instruction sheet for '63 Galaxie and it showed it--I was kind of surprised. I think the brake was in the wheel step, not in the final assembly step like the other goodies.

I looked up the instruction sheet for '63 Galaxie and it showed it--I was kind of surprised. I think the brake was in the wheel step, not in the final assembly step like the other goodies.

Thanks! Yes, I went back and looked at the instructions again and I see that now. I even have the jack stand from that step, but I still can't find the brake.